Zipped Font Files

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cain, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm having some weird problems. I downloaded several fonts, however, when I went to unzip them, the font was not inside the font file. Once in a while I would get lucky and it would appear, but it would later disappear. It also screwed things up when I tried to move the fonts from one file to another. I know I'm not being really descriptive, but does anybody think that they can help me out? :(

2. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

mmmmm im not sure....all i can think of that it wasn't included in the zip in the 1st place

3. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

What website are you downloading from?

4. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

I'm downloading mainly from www.dafonts.com and www.1001fonts.com . I've made past downloads from those sites successfully before. Also, it's only a problem with like 5 of the fonts...I tried downloading a totally new font from both of those sites and it installed properly.

5. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

Which font zips are you having problems with? The reason why I ask because I will go to those sites and download them myself and see if I have the same trouble. Usually, if a zip file contains no data inside of it, you will be prompted by the zip program that the file is corrupt.

6. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Well the weird part was that the files would have the font data sometimes but then sometimes not, and now not at all.
    The font names were:
    Army
    Base_02
    Dark_crystal
    Dark11
    Evanescence
    Ringbearer

7. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

I just downloaded two zip files from DaFont and everything seems alright. So my next question would be, what program are you using to unzip the files with?

8. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

It's called ZIP Reader, I got it for free at www.download.com . I don't think there's a problem with it, because as I said in my previous post, I just recently made another download (and unzipped it) from those sites and that font worked fine...I'm just having a problem with the fonts listed in my previous post, it's kind of weird, but I'm trying different things to trick my computer lol. I almost got it, but I can only fix one of the fonts at a time...

9. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

If you don't have it, download WinRAR and then re-download the font zips that you are having problems with and see if you continue to have problems.

10. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

WinRAR is for zipping/unzipping files? Second question, did you download it from download.com or do they have a site?

I'm going to give you Rep. points, because you're being very patient and helpful, thank you. B)

EDIT:
    I downloaded WinRAR 3.41 at rarlab.com . I re-downloaded two of the fonts and used WinRAR and so far it's working fine! I'm going to finish downloading the rest. My final question is whether WinRAR will ever stop working because it said that it was the evaluation version, is that something I should worry about or will that not be a problem?

Thank you so very much, Seed, you're a great guy.

11. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

WinRAR is for unzipping and compression of files much like WinZIP or any other program of that sort. Here is where you want to download it from http://www.rarlab.com/ Download WinRAR 3.41. You don't have to buy it right away because they give you some time to use it to see if you like it and I promise, you will like it.

12. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

But eventually you will have to buy it? :( Know of a free version of WinRAR? lol

13. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

My profile contains all the information to contact me.

14. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

hey if it runs out you can still use it

15. mttviper

mttviper Well-Known Member

yeah, you need winrar thats your problem