Help With Dreamweaver Please!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Simplicity, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity Well-Known Member

Ok I am using Dreamweaver and have only just started using it about 2 days and yes Im a no0o0ob at it.

I made a template with photoshop and i cant figure out how to use text over the pic of template.

I used a guide to save my template as a .dwt (Dreamweaver template) But when I try to type it just types to the left or right of the template and i cant move the text freely around like in photoshop when you can just move text boxes anyware.
    Please can sum1 tell me how to put my text on the template then please like the title of the web page and how to put text on my links bar.

I also need to know how to make other pages to link my links to but keeping the template consistant. (e.g. just changing the middle part of the template like puting different text and images)

Yes I am sounding more nooby now lol but how do i put music into my sites, all i can do is make text or button links to totaly diferent pages (blank 1s) with just the bar on it to pause music and all that. How can i just make a media bar on the page (like play on it and all tht). I also need help on puting movies onto pages because what ive been doing is clicking add button or flash movie and trying to link it to a video file but it says the characters in the name of the file and all that stuff are wrong.

Plz sum1 help, ill give creds to ppl who help ;)
    I realy want to get into this stuff but I need to learn more coz im a noob at it :(

2. Shock3d

Shock3d Well-Known Member

When you make a template in photoshop which is known as a layout, you then SLICE it and then code it in DreamWeaver

3. Simplicity

Yes but when you do that you have got to do everything in photoshop like the buttons and stuff because when u add buttons or text in dreamweaver after slicing it just makes gaps in the slicing to put in the text or whatever. I seen sum1 make a layout in this tut thing and that was just a .png but he was adding links and stuff above the layout he made.

Merged Post:

this is what i mean and about adding things like video and buttons:

[​IMG]

Merged Post:

that make it more understandable?

Merged Post:

Ill be back 2morro to see whats going on.

Merged Post:

does any1 know what i have 2 do?

4. Simplicity

bumperty bump

5. Simplicity

yoohoo ppl

6. pricegw

pricegw Well-Known Member

7. Racerman

Racerman Well-Known Member

just made and uplaoding Video tutorial on how to

Merged Post:

here you go mate you dont have to download it unlike the other one and it shows you what to do in less than a minute hope this helps.
    Video Tutorial Here

8. pricegw

pricegw Well-Known Member

wow nice tut - that is so much simpler as well! nice tut! You should be sorted now!

9. Racerman

thanks and for the music this should do.
    Code:
    <embed src=" YOUR MUSIC FILE PLUS EXTENSION HERE" " width="145" height="40" hidden="false" autostart="true" loop="true" align="middle","YOUR MUSIC FILE PLUS EXTENSION HERE></embed>

10. Simplicity

Thankyou so much ppl!
    I already know about the links part and made the different pages out of luck lol. Maybe its wrong though, I made a link to a rock music part of my site and made the link to rock.html and then just changed the content part to a rock theme and put a link to some rock songs and then saved it as rock.html, is that right?

I dont know how to sort the files out though, i saved the rock.html in the same place as i saved the homepage.html but all the music links are going into the same source file which is for a totaly diferent website. can sum1 tell me how to get all the files and stuff sorted for 1 website plz?

11. Loky

Loky Well-Known Member

your problem is not with Dreamwaver...i'd sugest to learn a bit of HTML and CSS before using DW.

Here is your solution:
    Dont work in Layout mode and work with tables....then select the cell (Ctrl+Click on the cell margin) and you'll see the proprieties...set the background of that cell...your img

NOW....by code you can do it with: background="\<path>\yourimg.gif"....if your sell is bigger than your img size you'll have to use the repeat commands....

*dreamwaver cant do everything...for a good layout you have to type most of the code because DW have some lousy skills on that

cheers

EDIT:
    shorter, that img you waht to type above it should be placed there as BACKGROUND of the cell not as a content of the cell.

12. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

that's what the code side of it does. ;) you can't do everything through the design.

13. Racerman

14. Simplicity

ok ill do that, i know how do do it know like making the tables and changing the parts of the slices to bg to keep it in order. i made a site now but i dunno how to sort out all the files.

15. Loky

Loky Well-Known Member

sort out all the files? what do you mean by that?