You Answer Question, I Pay $20, K?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ImperialPanda, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ImperialPanda

ImperialPanda Well-Known Member

Edit: Alright I know what's wrong. More than what I wanted to know. Thanks to people who have replied.

Image 1, in Photoshop:
    [​IMG]

Image 2, in IE (aka what it's suppose to look like)
    [​IMG]

You tell me, detailed:
    1) What I did to make this happen.
    2) How do I fix it so the colors are in sync again. (reinstalling PS does not count)

And I pay you $20 via PayPal.

Deal?

akjdlfkajsdlkfjals;kdfj;alskdjf

Updates:
    - raised offer to $10
    - raised offer to $20; only valid until Sunday (2/26) evening 7:00PM CST, at which time I'll probably start backing up my files for a reformat.

Additional Info:
    1) I didn't have this problem until roughly 1-2 wks ago or so, can't be sure since I haven't used PS in a while.
    2) The color in IE is correct. The color in Photoshop is --NOT--.
    3) Clearing Photoshop preferences does nothing.
    4) Reinstalling Photoshop does nothing.
    5) I haven't installed any programs as of late. And I can't think of any which would affect Photoshop like this (and just photoshop).

2. fuRiouS_

fuRiouS_ Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you upload a picture to PS CS2 the colors change slighter (as they did in yours) but when you save the image from PSCS2 you will see that the colors didnt change at all.

Try saving the image from PSCS2 to a jpeg on max quality.

If it doesnt work then im sorry, atleast i tried.

3. ImperialPanda

Right, but I'm not just opening and saving images. :D I need to work with them too (actually also sans the opening part), so I need the color in PS to be correct.

4. +Rebel+

+Rebel+ Well-Known Member

once you save it though it goes back to perfect quality

5. ImperialPanda

I thought the question statement was quite clear. If you can't answer it, just don't reply. Even worse is to keep repeating the same thing without reading my replies.

To repeat: I'm NOT, that is, NOT just opening some image and saving it again. I use PS to color stuff, so I need to know what color I'm using yes?

6. fuRiouS_

fuRiouS_ Well-Known Member

Well sorry for posting but have you tried a different client, ie PSP10. Its about the same thing and i havent encounted a problem like this with it. But if this is another 'annoying' post, then ignore me.

7. ImperialPanda

Sry last post wasn't directed at you.

It's just a problem with PS. I'd rather use PS.

Please, no more "suggestions," "work arounds," or whatnot. Just straight up solution pls.

8. Darkz

Darkz Well-Known Member

This happened to me before, I think it's a bug/error with Photoshops file conversion proccessor. You did convert the image to RGB color, yes?

9. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

its because of web colours. The internet (IE, Firefox, etc) only support a certain number of colours, therefore its limited. So it picks the closest colours to the ones you have that arent supported and exchanges them. Photoshop will display all the possible colours whereas IE wont, it will only show what its limited to. Or so I am told.

10. ImperialPanda

I'm not sure what you mean by "convert." =x I just file -> open a picture. The photoshop window on the top bar just says it's RGB/8.

Perhaps, but I think usually (more likely always) the different is not really noticeable.

This is really freakin weird. I just reinstalled but the problem still persists.

1) I know this problem wasn't here before.
    2) I haven't installed any programs of late. And even if I have, I don't know how another program can conflict with photoshop (and just photoshop) like this.
    3) I've also tried clearing Photoshop preference files.

If this keeps up it looks like I'll have to reformat lol. Oh well Unix is eating up 40GB that I'm not using.

11. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

i swear its what I said. anyways use firefox rather than IE. There is no point in reformatting over a standard set by the net.

12. Encrypted

Encrypted Well-Known Member

have you tried resetting the ps settings? ctrl+alt+tab when it starts up, i'm not sure other than that

13. ImperialPanda

Yeah I have reset the preferences and reinstalled PS... Neither fixes the problem lol.

Like I said, this problem *wasn't* here before. Yes the colors are slightly slightly different when working with different devices but it shouldn't be anywhere near being noticeable. We're a little bit beyond the days of 16 colors. ^-^

Raised offer to $10 for the person able to fix this. =x

14. Chaos

Chaos Well-Known Member

Under View tab, check the settings like Proof setup, Gamut Warning, and Proof Colors.

Hope it helps, I'm just pitching ideas.

15. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

Use adobe gamma to create a color profile for your computer, then use photoshop, and use the right color profile (an option when opening/creating) to make it look right. If this works, keep the cash...

Edit: If it isn't avail on open, you can go to File>Tools or prefs, I don't remember, and I just woke up because I passed out, and chose custom default...