Buying A New Computer Parts!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by System-M3, Sep 10, 2005.

1. System-M3

System-M3 Well-Known Member

Ok well i want to get a new computer but i want to buy the parts and build it ma self. I want to get a pci-e socket 939 motherboard. Thats all i no bout em so can anyone tell me what specific detail i should look at when choosing the right motherboard??

o i live in canada so ne websites u list plz make sure they hav canadian prices!

2. .Lost

.Lost Well-Known Member

when buying a mobo, make sure everything plugs in, has a good warranty, and isnt over $150 :)

www.zipzoomfly.com
    cheapest computer parts available :)

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I suggest an MSI platinum for the mobo, it has a SLi simulataor which delivers approximately 95% of the performance of SLi for a fraction of the price. Also, the BIOS is really good for overclocking.

4. Zaberfang

Zaberfang Well-Known Member

In my case the most important thing was the warranty =)).

5. Psychodesignz

Psychodesignz Well-Known Member

when u buy a mobo make sure that the cpu u got fits in the socket the same thing for the memory and other stuff and i would go for sata mobo instead of ide much faster

6. Generation

Generation Well-Known Member

okay first of all, MSI platinum is no way near DFI lanparty motherboards, there is no way. i would have suggest getting DFI nf4 sli-dr because its just too good. its the best motherboard you can get on market.

7. DanMattia

DanMattia Well-Known Member

I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo with a socket 939. Really sweet mobo, great overclocking features and everything you'd want for a cheap price. Check out NewEgg for it.

I got an AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice processor and an Nvidia BFG GeForce 6800GTOC. Add a gig of RAM and 200gig hard drive and you're good to go.

The A8N-SLI Deluxe has excellent onboard sound and every connector you'd need (firewire, tons of USB, two ethernet ports, etc).

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

SATA is better than IDE, but not by a ton, compare 133MB/s to 150mb/s

most decent motherboards come with SATA connectors though, mine only cost 40$ on sale and it has two outlets for SATA. which in time I may very well use... imagine 4 HDs for pagefiling... who would need ram?

just letting you know, I suggest multiple hardrives over one big one. I have yet to fill the 40 gig partition on my 80gig HD. Also if you can, RAID it, windows will be much faster... and even after that, try to have a hardrive or two (raided if possible) for a pagefiling/linux set up. again, huge capacity isn't essential.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813130492

9. l33thak0r

l33thak0r Well-Known Member

i go with zelink

10. D4rX

D4rX Well-Known Member

but information transfer is sooooooo much faster from cpu-ram than it is from cpu-hdd, infact if u have enough ram then it would be best to not use alot of pagefiling. and pagefiling is mainly used just for 'ram overflow' anywayz

....i think :lol: