Mac Or Windows?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blunt, Feb 13, 2005.

1. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

this has probably been done a few times, but i'm curious to peoples thoughts on windows and mac; what's your opinion on the two and which do you prefer (or do you like them both?)?

I myself lean towards mac slightly as if i become a graphic designer of some sort i will most likely be using them; i also like the os and their style.

I do like windows too though, pc games are great fun and compatibility isnt a worry.

so, comments? thoughts? mental ramblings?

2. Meca

Meca Well-Known Member

windows, trying to get more gigahurts into the computer, and mac is workingon to make graphics better i have a microsoft xp 2000 or sometjhing n its much better than when i wetn to my friends house and ask him if mac was good and i saw //tryed and i personally think it sucks.

3. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

fair enough, but remember, you CAN'T compare mac clock speeds with windows clock speeds; a 1.5 ghz mac is as fast if not faster than a 2.5/3 ghz pc.

4. VEXTA

VEXTA Well-Known Member

i have both and there both great. ortho i have had windows for about 10 years, and only a mac for 1/2 year. i still enjoy mac better ^_^

5. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

what mac you got?

[edit: and can i suggest that you get your site sorted out....

6. Evolution

Evolution Well-Known Member

I prefer mac or linux over windows, but my damn pc games keep me on windows.

7. Crooks

Crooks Well-Known Member

Never had Mac. Only Windows.

8. Meca

Meca Well-Known Member

my opinion:

windows >[/I] mac, trust me you want an all around computer not ah thing just for photoshop, but mac is still okay in my opinion.

9. cornzee™

cornzee™ Well-Known Member

the fact i can barely use a mac makes my view fairly biased, but i prefer a good dell pc by a long way...

i have an apple mac g4 with the latest server (number 10 something or rather, installed), loads of good programs liek adobe photoshop 8 cs and so on...

yet i find them so hard to use, completely different to a pc and i just find them so complicated, defiantely technically better for graphics, music, video's etc etc but i dont think they are as a general use home computer.

a dell pc - quick, easy to use and has so much more stuff for it than an apple but will never how the quality and reliabilty of an apple.

10. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

can i have your g4 then? :D

need an apple so bad -_-

11. cornzee™

cornzee™ Well-Known Member

can i have your g4 then? :D

need an apple so bad -_- [/b][/quote]
    actually come to think of it, its a g3 shell with a g4 inside... wierd i know, but we had a g3 then one of my dad's mates, tony swain, who is a music producer (very famous and he has loads of apples) took in our g3 to fix it when it broke and gave us it back with brand new g4 parts he had spare... wierd :huh: lol

and yes you can have it, its either you or the dump.

okay so that was a lie its not all mine its a family computer but im the only one who seems to be bothered to try and use it.

12. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

wow kool :)

sell it on ebay if u dont want it :P

13. DanMattia

DanMattia Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I've only touched a PC, I choose PC.

Macs are good for just work-related things, but PCs are more universal and more compatible. A well-made PC can run anything a Mac can run. I mean, Adobe Photoshop runs fine on my custom PC.

So, PC.

14. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

true, but its proven that macs run imaging programmes such as photoshop or illustrator faster >link<

15. DanMattia

DanMattia Well-Known Member

I know that, but my computer handles them just fine. I can run Photoshop 7 with no lag at all and still have many other programs running, as well.

My PC isn't just for imagery, so I want a computer that is able to operate multiple programs of varying types. Therefore, I like the PC more.

At my vocational high school next year, we'll be using Macs to use imaging software. Since that's only for images, and not for games or other programs, I have no issues with it.