Blasted Peice Of Junk - Wth?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rpgx v2, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Rpgx v2

Rpgx v2 Senior Member

My computer, has been being a pain recently, and I don't know why. First, it was losing bytes at a rate of knots, I was down to 11mb??? And I hadn't downloaded anything! I used CCleaner and it brought me back to 5gb. Now, this morning, I try to save a .psd and what? NOT ENOUGH RAM! It says then when I try to change font etc, I have 768mb of bloody ram, what the hell? Also, recently, In the mornings AVG comes on to scan, and that's when I have very little MB on harddisk, so when I try I save? ' The scratchdisks are full.' What the hell? Can someone help me please! This is so annoying. :(

2. Ohms Law JR.

Ohms Law JR. Well-Known Member

its sound like a virus thats slowly ripping ur computer apart if i were u GHOST THE SUCKER! (reformat)

but lets see what others have to say ;)

3. Merge

Merge Well-Known Member

Do a virus scan

4. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

Sounds fcuked lol

5. Rpgx v2

Rpgx v2 Senior Member

Yeah a Re-Format is probally on the Horizon. :( Just don't want to lose anything important. :eek:

6. .crimeFX

.crimeFX Well-Known Member

well what u do is go on safe mode, scan ur pc then if u still cant find the problem go on safe mode and make back-up of ur most important files. But make shure u scan those files before u do backup. Then do roll-back and if that doesnt help reformat

7. aaa7z5

aaa7z5 Well-Known Member

Yea, a roll-back could solve this....Try to do a System Restore, then if there is still a problem, go ahead and try other Venues....Did this start happening after you installed a new driver or Software?

8. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

Reformat, I'd say, if your gettin ----ed over that bad, then you gotta format

9. Rpgx v2

Rpgx v2 Senior Member

Well if anything is worthwile it's a reformat, this computer has had odd problems for years really. Rolling back won't change much. I tried virus scanning on trend micro, pc crashed, blue screen, did a error report, and it says McAffe Firewall was the problem, and it's said that for months when it crashed on games etc. It was something to do with what version it was, I tried to patch and update but it didn't work. I don't even have it on and it's still a newscence, I would remove but it's upto my dad and he won't let me. He doesn't even know I have it off 24/7. :eek: I would have it on but damn it's annoying, pops up on any movement and asks for permission. :unsure:

10. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

wtf you minus -Rep me because i said it sounds fcuked? i hate members like you that think they can remove hard earned rep just because you can. [​IMG]

11. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if the pest is on the backup you are nto accomplishing anything.

also, McAfee is crap. UNinstall it and use somethign else, we have a free software list here