Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zabiela, Mar 20, 2007.

1. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

thats better

2. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

It really depends on the person. The missions are very fast and short, and usually pretty easy. However, the gameplay is amazing...the graphics may not look as beautiful as they should but the gameplay is fastpaced unlike the previous armored cores.

If you liked the previous ones I'd say buy it, if you don't like "shoot 'em up" mech games then you should probably get something else.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

well it looks like the EU launch was a flop...

I wish I lived in london though, sony gave out 100 42" hdTVs with their PS3s to entice people to buy them... buy the PS3 for $800, sell the screen for $2500... come out ahead AND have a PS3...

4. blahablaheek

blahablaheek Well-Known Member

It's pretty much the same for ALL Armored Core titles - it's a niche title, and only people who like it...will like 4.

5. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Regarding the Playstation 3.. Well its for 2500 AED here which is aprox. 346.003136 British pounds. I might buy it when its a lil more cheaper like something around 2000 AED! Rest, its an awesome console!

6. stylus

stylus Well-Known Member

The game line up does look pretty good, but no gran turismo for 2007. ;(

7. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

Don't worry, there are going to be demos to enjoy. :D

8. Nigge

Nigge Well-Known Member

PS3 is the best console ever :D PC owns too..

9. GLADIATOR567

GLADIATOR567 Active Member

I GOT THE ps3 BACK IN NOVEMBER WHEN IT WAS RELEASED HERE IN THE STATES AND I LOVE IT(whoops sorry for caps) i seriously cant get enough of it it is just so great... Motorstorm is Amazing, and Resistance is probally the best game out for it right now

10. blahablaheek

You can download Gran Turismo HD demo, and they're going to release more tracks/cars for it.

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Finally decided to break open the web browser.

The PS3 web browser is not very good, infact it's almost exactly like the PSP browser, just slightly faster. It's impossible to view any web pages that have large images, such as a photobucket or whatever. It's nice if you want to look a forums or something, so I could make posts on here if I wanted but I doubt there would be enough memory to look at renders and such.

Hands down, the best system web browser would have to the Wii's, it's great because it can view large websites, stream youtube videos, and play flash games.

However the Wii is different from the PS3 in almost every other aspect, just wish they could have traded browsers, then the PS3 would be complete.

But I'm not complaining ^_^

12. Unreal_Me

Unreal_Me Well-Known Member

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-launch/australian-ps3-launch-shindig-246437.phpBEHOLD! Australia's PS3 launch://http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-launch...39;s PS3 launch

PS3 seems like a waste of money right now. It does have some good features but I'd much rather buy a 360. Its already been shown that the 360 has better graphics, X-box live rawks, and its still not decided if blu-ray will be the mainstream instead of HD-DVD

360>Wii>PS3 imo. Wii>PS3 because of the cost, and the fact that the Wii is something to just pick up and play for a little while.

13. blahablaheek

You can't say less than 6 months after the PS3 that the 360 has better graphics.

It'll take time to realise both consoles full potention. In a year or so then we'll truly see, and maybe in a year we might not.

14. DIskenTH

DIskenTH Well-Known Member

It was off to a rocky start with the PS3 with the shootings and all in the US, but it's turned out to have some nice games at launch, and as the months progress, it's getting better. Free online makes it even more fun :)

15. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

a faster version of the PS3s GPU has been used in PCs for almost two years. the PS3 won't be getting much better graphics.

where the PS3 can really shine is in the physics and AI departments. Cell is officially being considered "the most underutilized CPU ever" and quite frankly, for gaming it apparently sucks(it's comparable to a 2GHz athlon).. but if the PS3 and SOn survives the bull----, Cell has a huge amount of potential.