Cd Drive

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LB2k6, Dec 16, 2006.

1. LB2k6

LB2k6 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is pretty weird, so there I was sitting down playing Battlefront 2 and I joined this recruiting server. I fought the recruiter but lost couple of times. He recruited me and just when he was going to tell me something important my CD Drive just dies. My game just froze right there. So I restarted my computer and called my friend Xenocide cussing 'cause of what happened. He told me to take a paper clip and push the reset button on the drive. I did and got the CD out just fine. Then hours later when I come back to my computer and pressed the eject button and IT COMES OUT. I decided to see if it recognizes anything, put Battlefront 2 in there and it actually reads it. What happened?

2. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

Game freezes happen... there is probably nothing wrong. can you get back into the game?

3. LB2k6

LB2k6 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the game freezing isn't the only problem, my CD Drive would not eject. I pressed the button like 3 times nothing came out so I had to use the paper clip to eject it manually. I just hope it doesn't happen again, can anyone help me so it won't die again, if not thats ok I'll just get another one.

4. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

seems to me like its failing. only when its dying do you use the paper clip method. try and warranty it.

5. ale_jrb

ale_jrb Senior Member

It could be overheating or something similar... although I'm sure sure that CD drives actually can lol.

Make sure all your fans are clear, and air can circulate around it. If you feel like you can, open up your computer and blast a can of compressed air through it (that's good even if nothing is breaking - keeps it nice and clean). If you encounter the problem again, try and get a replacement under the warranty. If it isn't under the warranty, just buy a new one - CD drives aren't very expensive.

Good luck! :)

6. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

no, even DVD burners are around $30...

7. LB2k6

LB2k6 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys really appreciate this, I just hope it doesn't die on me, I kinda like the CD Drive.