Alienware PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MOODYGIRL, Jul 12, 2005.

1. MOODYGIRL

MOODYGIRL Well-Known Member

Alienware.com/- It's A PC I found out about from the sims 2 site it's nice. They have very reasonable prices.A lot of people get it for video games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her are a few articles I found.

2. Keiver

Keiver Well-Known Member

Yes, they are the best gaming PC that you can buy built, but making your own destroys an alienware in price and performance.

3. MOODYGIRL

Why do you say that? So if I wanted to make one with nothing on just the things I need for games and GFX making is that bad!?

4. .Fatality

.Fatality Well-Known Member

Alienware is built for gaming, plain and simple. Thing is, they are very overpriced and you basically are paying all that money for the name. Majority of the people here will tell you that, going out, buying all the parts yourself, then building a custom yourself is much, much cheaper. Alienware's look nice and all, but their purpose is what I stated above (in my view anyway)

5. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll GR Since 2005

it have 3000 Graphic Video so is mostly for people who play games a lot on pc .... also alienware is quite good pc though

6. KrazyNick

KrazyNick Well-Known Member

yeah alien ware is the king of computers :P

7. VertigO-CI

VertigO-CI Well-Known Member

i think if u make ur own it would be just as good, like the others said ur r paying a lot 4 the name

8. Toyz

Toyz Active Member

alienware is so over priced its not even funny if you built your own computer you would make it better then alienware and for cheaper

9. Fiuryan

Fiuryan Well-Known Member

... I get so tired of people talking about building your own PC, yeah sure... It CAN be cheaper some times. However, there is a great hassle to it. The biggest one, compatible parts. Then if you by chance finally follow compatibility specs on every piece of hardware, you now have to figure out how to put it together. Now, most people might say go look online, find help...okay, sure. But what if you sold your PC to have the money to buy custom parts, and are now out of luck of accessing the internet. Now, another thing, I hear more people who build their own PCs complain about their machine messing up, than I do from brand bought PC customers.

Moving back to prices, I've evened prices with an Alienware, to a custom built PC...BOTH nearly the same, sometimes the custom is a hundred to a few hundred smaller, but... What the hell do I care about a couple hundred, ..show me $1000 difference, I might be aroused.

10. XTTX

XTTX Active Member

Quoted :rolleyes: .
    Alienware computers are very good in comparison to other computer companies such as Dell, Gateway, IBM etc. If you build your own computer by buying the top of the line parts from online stores, it will save you a load (maybe 50%) and it will most likely give you better performance. I will recommend a few sites if you don't mind :)
    http://newegg.com
    http://tigerdirect.com

11. mysticf1re

mysticf1re Well-Known Member

*cough* *cough*

At first, a few years back, they were the bomb. They looked cool and had the best specs. Now days, the case is old and they are plain rip-offs. Unless your loaded with moolah and dont know jack about computers, then alienware is for you.

12. MOODYGIRL

ROFLMAO that's me. but ok so ya'll are saying I can put almost 3 sim 2 games on there. And it will not slow up.

System Requirements:
    Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System; 800 MHz processor; 256 MB RAM; At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space; A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM

Supported video cards:

ATI Radeon™ series (7000 or better)
    VE series (see note below)

7000, 7200, 7500

8500, All-In-Wonder 8500

9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800

X300, X600, X800

NVIDIA® Quadro™ series

Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)
    GeForce 2

GeForce 3, 3 Ti

GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440

GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950

GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel® Extreme Graphics (see note below)
    82845, 82865, 82915

NOTE: You need at least a 2.0 GHz processor if you have a non-T&L capable video card

13. MayurP

MayurP Well-Known Member

Ive never had a problem with my computers. I built all of my own except my first ever. It is really not that hard. Takes me 20min to setup the hardware then about an hour or two depending on the processor to install windows and yada yada.

and for all the n00bs at computer building, just buy a barebone then get the parts you need.

14. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Ive never had a problem with my computers. I built all of my own except my first ever. It is really not that hard. Takes me 20min to setup the hardware then about an hour or two depending on the processor to install windows and yada yada.

and for all the n00bs at computer building, just buy a barebone then get the parts you need. [/b][/quote]
    I agree^^^, I built mine and have never had an issue with it. I bought parts I wanted, I didnt do alot of research to find out what is compatible and what wasn't. It has worked for over a year now and never an issue. It took me about 1 hour to follow the manual that came with the motherboard to find out where I needed to plug everything in, but it was extremely easy even for my first try at it.

*I do have an Alienware case though, Found it at BestBuy for about $60*
    It is the old Antec style case, not the new one.

15. MayurP

MayurP Well-Known Member

The first computer I built was 5 years ago. It is still running to this date on Windows 2000. Never once did I have to repair anything.

P3 cant remember speed :(
    256mb ram
    40gb hdd

cost me $500 at the time to build