How Do You Reformat A Dell Computer?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by |2aMBo, Feb 17, 2006.

1. |2aMBo

|2aMBo Active Member

I tried reformating my DELL system yesterday, and when I was going through the Windows XP installation, I could find the drive to install and format for XP. The HD is running on RAID 0 and it's an SATA HD. Any advice on how to proceed and format this freaking DELL? Thanx.

2. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

You might need to go to the DELL website and get the updateded RAID drivers. Also DELL adds a hidden partition on it's primary HD which stores the restore applications. That could be causing the problem. Try deleting that first. But go to the DELL website and go to their forums and look for something about this there.

3. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

you havent explained it very clearly. Did you replace the original dell harddrives or are they the same?

4. |2aMBo

|2aMBo Active Member

All the components are original. I didn't change the HD. And thanx Phoenix GFX for the help, I'm going over the DELL forums right now. I even browesed through their website about some RAID drivers, but still I'm not sure if that's the answer. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanx guys.

5. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

Step one.) Blow up your dell with TNT
    Step Two.) Build your own computer

Done! If you want the HDDs or GFX car or whatever, just take them out before destruction.

6. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

yep ^^ buy yourself a barebone, you can probably use your current hdd and gfx.

If you need help, just ring me

7. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

Well the guy is stuck with that comp, might as well fix it if it's still working. He just needs to reformat from what I can tell. Unless there's something else messed up on that DELL, which wouldn't be a suprise.

8. Racerman

Racerman Well-Known Member

yep doubt it would surprise anyone I mean come on its a Dell, buying it is just asking for something to go wrong ;)

9. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

just ring up dell tech support.

10. up2ditime

up2ditime Well-Known Member

call dell support = bad idea they will only confuse u use the forums

11. Bones

Bones Well-Known Member

I had kinda the same problem after I built my pc. I think it's more of an XP thing than a dell thing. I had to copy the raid drivers from my mobo cd to a floppy. Then when installing win XP it gives an option asking if you need to load a 3rd party driver or something like that. When it came up I had to choose to load the drivers.. then when it prompted me to load them I just had to put the floppy in and then it recognized my sata hdd after.

You will either need to get the drivers from cd's etc you got from dell and put them on a floppy or get them from dells website and put them on a floppy to get XP to recognize your hd.

I hope that helps.. sounds like you have the same problem I had.

12. |2aMBo

|2aMBo Active Member

Thanx Phoenix & Bones. I followed the instructions on the DELL forum by the T. I had to download the raid drivers and look for a floppy to have the drivers intalled in. Just followed it step by step and finished it yesterday. Thanx again for everyone's help.