Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Blazeman, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Playstation 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When will PS3 come out?
    At the end of a promotional video played during the PlayStation 3 launch event, the words “Spring 2006” were displayed on the screen – thus implying the console will be released sometime during this period. When exactly, and to which countries, is currently unknown. The rumors, however, point to a worldwide launch in March 2006.

What features will it have?
    All of the features it was expected to have, and more! We have put up the full list of technical specifications HERE so you can see a detailled list of everything. Arn't we nice?

How much will it cost?
    Typically the last two generations of the PlayStation have been priced at around $300 at launch. Both have continuously decreased in price year on year into their life, its quite likely PS3 will do the same. It's not known how much it will cost but around $300 is probably a fair guess, as this is the maximum price most gamers would be willing to pay. There are some unexpected extra features, such as the 2 HDMI outputs and 3 Gigabit RJ45 LAN connections, that will likely drive the price tag up a fair amount!

Will PS3 play PS2 and PS1 games?
    Yes! They will! Sony Computer Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will feature backwards compatibility with the PS2 and PSone, ensuring continued support for older software formats in the new hardware. Later it was confirmed again at the Sony’s E3 conference that the PS3 will be fully backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. There hasn’t been any confirmation though if the PS3 will make PS2 games look better when playing like the PS2 did with PS1 games.

What will PS3 look like?
    The PS3 design was unveiled at Sony’s E3 conference. It has an “outward feel” compared to the Xbox360’s “inward feel”. The console is approximately 13.5 inches in length and 3.5 inches wide as reported by IGN. This in contrast to the PS2 design is much larger and is closer in size to the original Xbox in size. The console’s “outward” design gives it a larger footprint for the console to stand vertically on its own without an add-on stand. The drive bay sits on the right side like the PS2 but instead of using a tray the discs slide into the drive much like a car CD player. Also the drive sits slightly back in the design giving the console a reminiscent look to the original Nintendo Entertainment System. Finally the console has the words “Playstation3” across the side in a font that is very close to the font used in Sony Pictures’ Spiderman movie.

How powerful will the PS3 be?
    On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

Will PS3 games be playable online?
    Yes, at Sony’s E3 conference they confirmed that Sony will have an online service very comparable to Microsoft’s Xbox Live service.

info found from: www.howstuffworks.com and www.ps3land.com

-Blazeman

2. desolution

desolution Well-Known Member

Damn you do alot of reviews blaze :P

Good job man, good job!

3. Amoebassassin

Amoebassassin Well-Known Member

Good review. I can't wait for this to come out, so I can see what the cell chip processor can do.

Gotta love internal chip cooling.

4. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Not only that but have you noticed the AI in it its going to be different for every person who plays one of the games except for it always being the same.

5. Amoebassassin

Amoebassassin Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, read about that. This machine is gonna be insane. And it reads every flavor of Blueray.

Sony needs to get a move on, I'm getting impatient ^_^

6. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

You can't blame them there trying to take everything from XBOX 360 and try and make there console even better :)

And XBOX is going to release Halo 3 at the same time of Ps3 comes out

7. minxette

minxette Well-Known Member

Ctrl+V :P

Anyway, yeah, can't wait for this to come out. Though admittedly I'm more excited about the Nintendo Revolution.

8. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

The nintendo revolution are you serious it looks extremely boring...

9. Vintage_

Vintage_ Well-Known Member

i heard rumors it can record live tv? true or not

10. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

yes the ps3 will be able to record tv shows to a DVD format :)

11. fuse

fuse Well-Known Member

It won't, Bill already said that it's unlikely and that Bungie will release Halo 3 whenever they're ready. :P

12. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

But i read 3 or 4 articles saying that its what they have in mind?

I'll go look it up again

13. minxette

minxette Well-Known Member

Only because there's so little info on it so far....the games that there'll be for it and the projected price have me sold on it.

PS3 will wait until a Final Fantasy comes out on it, and since FFXII is for PS2, that'll be a while.

14. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Ya but i'm a huge Socom fan so i can't wait for that