Sport....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tonic, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Tonic

Tonic Well-Known Member

How do you guys put losses in sport behind you?

If you're like me (probably not many...) you might get annoyed at losing or not playing your best because you always wan't to play perfectly and never screw up.

For me, the worst is when people look at me make a mistake and think "Oh, that was crap, he coulda done better than that..." That is the ultimate worst for me. I can't stand it.

If my team loses and I think I contributed to it alot I get really pissed off and angry because I know I can do better.

How do you guys deal with it? I know you have to "put it behind you" and think "positively" and just forget what happened but I find that really hard...

Thoughts?

2. `c r e a m

`c r e a m Well-Known Member

tbh i aint like that.....im too laid back lol its fun.

even tho i dont like losing its a biatch.............best way is if it like a soccer game and u lose...........find a crap team.......pwn them nd then itll boost ur confidence

3. A/R

A/R New Member

That is what you have to do, but it certainly can be hard. When this type of situation arises for me, I try to just a take a few seconds to reflect on just how upset I am. From here I survey the situation and actually try to visualize the time and place I'm in. From there I focus on the idea of life as a whole.

I know it sounds a little corny thus far, but here's the goal.

When you get to a point where your looking at the broader picture of life as a whole, you can reflect back to the situation at hand and generally see it usually petty enough where you can control your emotions over it. In essence, it's just usually not worth getting worked up over, and taking a moment to step back does help.

That's what works for me anyways.. well some of the time. :)

4. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

all you have to do is accept the fact that the present is going on right now, and was happened befopre will never change.

5. MilesG

MilesG Active Member

Ditto, i tend not to get so upset. But i'm not the greatest rugby player and mistakes in my team are common so i think the blame is evenly spread.

6. <Name>

<Name> Guest

Meh.........I liek to play baseball....im a pitcher

7. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

i play point guard for my bball team and it sucks to lose but its never one persons fault when it comes to team sports... though my team sucks out loud but you just gotta know the next game will be better

8. Pheep

Pheep Guest

I used go crazy and start attacking people, now i just accept that i cant play sport and laugh about it.

9. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

depends on what sport if its footy or basketball then i do really care about winning or losing but rugby thats a different matter and i take my agression on the oppesition

10. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

I don't really give a ----, the majority of the time im just ----ing about anyway. But if it's something i care about then i get violent.

11. Dream30.

Dream30. Well-Known Member

im just plain ----y... i go into knowing we're gunna win. If the outcome looks bad(near the end of the game) i just go all out and put out my anger on the other players... amazingly i have only been carded a couple times.

12. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

i got beat out of the championship by 1 point in overtime in my 8th grade year of elementary football (this year), you won't get over it if it's big enough

13. Common

Common Well-Known Member

you lost...no way to change that so put it behind you

unless the other team mocks us then ill start getting pissed

14. fred

fred Well-Known Member

i say fleck this and walk off the field. i am better like an hour later though

15. aznsushiguy

aznsushiguy Well-Known Member

my bbal team sucks.....and we lose every single game and win MAYBE 1 game a year, lmao. But we dont care :P winning is always fun, but my friends play with me so it's all good :)

although we just got a new recruit....can you say...BALLHOG!!!