I Need Dvd Saving Help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sneaky, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky Well-Known Member

Ok well you see these programs to get DvD's to your ipod {mines a touch} and when I open up a program to do so it says Open file..

What I NEED to do is make the DvD a file on my computer,,

Does anyone here know how I can make a DVD that I put into my computer a file on my desktop?

2. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

very hard to understand .. do you want a program that converts a movie to DVD format if so download convertxtodvd - it will do most formats to DVD format

3. MattMann

MattMann Well-Known Member

DVDfab is a good one. It's nice, easy and quick. Does lots of other stuff too.

4. awaken pk

awaken pk Well-Known Member

You want a convertor to MP-4 with under 30 frames per second, a resolution that sounds right , lookin at about 700 meg per vid, and it should be really fuzzy full size. if u get things wrong they wont go on, i use nero does it in 20 mins per film

5. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

they are just visual indicators based on the length of the film

Frame rate depends on your DVD player 25fps (NTSC) or 29.97fps (PAL) .. PC can play both so doesnt matter but for a DVD Player it does

File Size - depends on the length of the movie - A full Length movie of around 2hours goes up to say 3-4GB - The longer the film = More frames it will have to encode = Larger Filesize

If the original resolution of the video clip is 320x240 you can still burn it to DVD but it will stretch to a reso size depending on region again of 720×480 (NTSC) or 720×576 (PAL) - It will look blurry to max - its like trying to magnify a image 3 times ..everything pixelated - However if the resolution is fairly similar doesnt have to be exact just not too small like the example above .. then it should be ok

The fuzzy lines you see is called interlacing ... Interlaced Movies have say lines going past whereas De-Interlaced movies do not - Generally de-interlaced movies are smoother - When encoding from say premiere (which i use) i de-interlace my movies and then encode them .. for DVD purposes

If you got space ... Convert to MPEG if not AVI first .. to test the movie then burn .. I use Nero's DVD authoring feature hasnt given me any problems as of yet

Hwever for iPOD the resolution and the huge filesize of a DVD is pointless so no point in transferring a DVD qyality to iPOD you just need a simple MPEG/AVI format movie (if it supports it since my Zen does)

hope it helps :D