Conroe Board

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Illusion, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

hey guys as the title says, i am geting a conroe. when i am done modding my case, and when they start the cpu price wars with AMD (i cant wait). any who i was thinking of geting my board now. i have two i narowed it down to the Gigabyte GA-G1975X and the Intel D975XBX. i am going to be over clocking the core 2. i really want the core 2 extream, because the multiplyer is unlocked :wub: ^_^ . but it does run about 1100. but i drool just thinking about it. but i might just get a e6700. so just keep in mind that this is going into a system that is going to have every thing pritty much oced so it needs to be stable and not a POS.(i cant tell you how many MoBo's i have fired because i wanted a cheap over clock.)
    well just tell me what you guys think about it, and ill post pics of the beast when i am done modding it.

2. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

I know that gigabyte amd boards dont overclock very well so I highly doubt an intel gigabyte board would do much better.

3. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

And about the XE, don't think about getting one until a better version is released. All they did was raise the clock and unlock the multiplier. Later versions of the XE's will included higher FSB, more cache, etc. Atm, the XE just isn't economical.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

the only things which i keep hearing over and over are badaxe and this one ASUS board which goes for 260

5. Blooper008

Blooper008 Well-Known Member

See my signature for boards. I'm going to get the asus P5W DH Deluxe, it's expsensive, but I like the features + the other boards are rougly 20€ cheaper. About the conroe, I agree to John. I'm getting the E6600 because it has the same amount of cache as all the other higher one have. Overclock it a little and you save over 700$(x6800) and 200(e67oo).

6. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

yeah i know about the E6600 i will probly end up geting to but. i just have not seen an unlocked multiplyer in awhile. but yeah ill probly end up geting the E6600. over clock it and wait till the next gen chips.(it is such a waiting game)well ill have a look at the asus eh 60 is nothing to beworried about that much. well thanks for the advice.