Forum Mods Get Special Treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ad4m, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

It has come to my attention that the forum mods get treated very special, They can break any rules they wish. pretty much do anything they wish. and When somthing goes wrong they cry to llama and no matter what it is fixed. A few weeks ago I enterd a lottery and it never filled. When I got my refund back I also recieived a neg reputation from the creator bitching at me for pulling out. I sent several pms to llamaman about this and low and behold not a thing. I still had my neg rep and the person responsible still had his rep privladges. I sent lots of proof and all but nothing. Llama ignores us lowly members and only actually does what he say he does for his mods. Now yesterday one of the mods did somthing I found offensive (trying not to name names or discuss anything that shouldnt be) So I gave him a neg rep. I guess he didn't like that and cried to llama. That neg rep got removed and now my rep privladges are gone. It's bull---- I say if he does it for his mods he should do it for all. This forum is lead by nazi's who only pretend to be fair when actually they promise things they dont deliver. :-\ You can bet im not the only one this has happend to.

p.s I bet this is closed within 5 min because im right and they dont want me starting a rebellion!

2. KrazyNick

KrazyNick Well-Known Member

mods dont get special treatment but i have noticed alot of reps have been removed but they were for childish reasons

3. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

I reported my rep being lowerd several times. Llama doesnt do anything. only the mods get theyre rep taken care of. or people who pay money. (premium members) Us others dont get nothing

4. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Well-Known Member

Correction : This thread will be closed because of closed-minded, ignorant thoughts.

I won't close it, but if another mod feels it necessary, they can and probably will.

1. Negative reputation is given by people who feel that you did something bad/wrong. I think pulling out of a lottery would count, but I don't know the circumstances, and won't pursue it. If you did report it to Llamaman, and he didn't change it, tough luck. He either didn't see it or he didn't believe that the negative rep was undeserved.

2. Negative reputation at a mod is almost always undeserved. The mods here at GR are not evil. We strive to remain unbiased in all situations and act on events with as much prior knowledge as possible and in the fairest way possible. Let me once again point out that you are talking out of your ass. When we receive a report about someone doing something untolerated here (ripping/flaming/etc), we do not take a course of action without second thought. We come to a group consensus and that member is dealt with swiftly and efficiently. If someone feels that they were unfairly treated by a mod, they can request an explanation. I have no doubt in my mind that the mods here are fully justified in all actions taken. They will be quite willing to explain their course of action if asked properly. Being a moderator is a responsibility. As such, it comes with a level of inherent respect from other members.

I am willing to bet that you are one of no more than 5 members who feel that the mods here are doing a bad job.

Case closed. Go on with your ignorant ranting as long as you can, because I'm sure someone will take care of this soon enough.

5. TMAC

TMAC Well-Known Member

I agree with you Bona Fide. I'd also like to add the Llamaman is very busy right now working on the new layout for the site. It is pointless to criticize him when everything he does is for the benefit of the site.

6. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does blow that you didn't get help, but you need to understand that you're not the only one, Llamaman probably gets hundres of the same requests from other members, and he can only do so much

7. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Rep in the first place is rediculous...
    Chaos negative repped me and his reason was "and yes I did just negative rep you."

I don't really care.
    Yeah it's nice whenpeople +rep you for something you did because they are agnowledging you for a job well done.
    But I really don't pay attention to getting negative repped plus Chaos is an asshole any way so I just sent him a love letter through PM (Yes I actually did) and that was the end of it.

8. iceberg_slim

iceberg_slim Well-Known Member

well I got neg rep from a Mod after another member gave me plus rep cuase he thought a comment i made to another member was funny but the mod thought it wasn't and took it away now that is some crap! we all have different things that makes us laugh and if it's not funny to you don't give bad rep to someone

9. Mr. Cheeky

Mr. Cheeky Well-Known Member

Shut up.

10. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

you say its because llama is busy then why is it that after just 1 day of me neg repping a mod it was changeD? yet 2 weeks have gone by and nothing about my situation. and as for deserving i enterd the lottery under the agreement if he didnt fill it up. I could get a refund of my credits. now you wanna see just how sucky his lottery is. its STILL not filled and he is still trying. SO of course i asked for a refund ()he started it about a month ago) no reason to get neg repped.

11. Mr. Cheeky

Mr. Cheeky Well-Known Member

its a damn forum

if you dont like the way this place is run then leave... go join a different forum, theres 1000s out there

12. .Fatality

.Fatality Well-Known Member

A simple solution then is to remove the rep system. That way there's one less thing to whine about. Rep has no real meaning outside of GR and even then, it does nothing more than boost some peoples' egoes and cause a lot of problems.

13. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

see and i bet your rep doesnt get changed at all. yet 2x now you have flamed me. and added not 1 comment adding to this discussion.

14. ZebTmoney

ZebTmoney Well-Known Member

Cry me a river ;( But i think he would look at a mods oms first and wouldn't dought his staffs decisions at all? If i was him I wouldn't dought my mods decisions. Why should he?

15. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

i honestly care nothing for rep. I only bring this up because i think its unfair that the mods get their problems straightend out right away and us members have to wait a month.