Question About Download Speed And Why It Is Slow...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Prince Zainx, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Alright so we have DSL the regular 1.5mb/sec download and 350kb/sec upload speeds.

Usually my laptop or hell any computer in my house downloads around 150kb/sec. That is the highest I've ever seen our download speed go.

Recently though, it has been going around 60 or 70 kb/sec. It won't go faster than that. I'm not surfing the web except for GR, and yet my download speed is around 68kb/sec atm.

Is there any way or program that I can download to find of if my web internez wirelezz is being leeched off by the neighbors or someone around me?? Because I called DSL / AT&T and they said that our router and speeds are fine from their office and stuff. I reset my router, turned it off for 5 minutes, and still the same 60kb/sec download speed.

Any help at all on this subject would be helpful.

BTW I know for a fact that the idiots living above us, though they seem nice, are actually idiots. They are like owls and goats combined. They walk 24/7 and play loud ass music and stuff..

Zain.

2. Prince Zainx

Guess what happened now.

It is taking forever to load GR Pages and overall Firefox. I got denied when I tried to connect to MSN twice but, when it connected it logged me out after 2 minutes saying that the connection was lost. I've reset the dang thing twice today. :(

HALP ME!

Zain.

3. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

Do you use wireless?
    Does the wireless have a network password on it?

If the answers are: Yes and No - That's probably the problem

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Senior Member

5. Prince Zainx

Yes indeed I am on a wireless laptop. No I don't think that my network has a password but my wireless 2wire thing has a password / key if you want to connect to it.

As for the off topic thing, you don't understand, I love people who party all time and have fun all time but these guys are too much. They are parents for god sakes and they fight like literally wrestle right above my parents and my bedroom, you can hear them each time they fall. Also you know how some people walk when they are on the second floor, they walk slowly to give respect to the ones living beneath them, well each time these people walk you hear a thump thump noise. It is freaking irritating at all times. And during the night they will jump like hell during the time I sleep in my room and it is hard some times. There have been times where I've walked out of the house around 3 AM and taken a walk around my apartment till it was 5:30 in the morning and such. It is irritating.

Zain

6. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

into your browser url bar: 192.168.1.1

I don't know what ISP you have so I cant help you find the exact bit but if that's the address your router is programmed to (and it most likely is) there SHOULD be something on there to tell you how many machines are accessing the network.

Mine's under security>access control.