Forum Mods Get Special Treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ad4m, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Pixelated

Pixelated Well-Known Member

reps r stupid...its a # under your name,stop complaining and move on with your life.

2. ZebTmoney

ZebTmoney Well-Known Member

Mods get there problems fixed right away because??? they are Mods, figure that would be common sence.

3. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

just because they are mods doesnt mean they are more important than anyone else... everyone should be treated equal. Mods dont do anything special they just moderate the forums. and close any topics they dont like. that is it

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Not true, throughout my ENTIRE time at GR, I have only recieved 3 -reps. I was able to get ALL of them removed.

First one, I don't remember why I got it in the first place lol, but I got it removed cause it was a bad reason.
    Seconed one was yesterday. I -repped someone for saying that they will hack a website (gamewallpapers.com), and he -repped me back with the reason "You're a ----ing dumbass", and it was under a topic in which I posted in, and said nothing offensive or non-offensive

3rd time was yesterday too. I gave a guy -rep because he had a swastika (sp?) and he just put for his reason "if you don't like it, then don't look at it". But he had recieved a -rep before that, and he did the same thing, and returned the -rep to the other person with the same thing.

5. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Hmms, Bona Fide pretty much said it all.

Mods can be -repped, but i think a majority of the time i've been -repped since being a mod was because i closed a topic, or warned someone and they got mad. I haven't even asked those to be removed=P I still have one of em.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe he didn't see the PM? Can you imagine how many PMs he gets a day, for other stuff? A simple reminder, or forwarding the PM to him again would give you one more chance. Chances are though, if the -repped wasn't moved, it was because he felt it was justified, or he did not see it.

Oh i find it funny your posting under another account, what account did you get -repped under?

BFTP

6. ZebTmoney

ZebTmoney Well-Known Member

Its like a company the man on the bottom don't get any speical treatment, But the CEO does. When u see you name not a light gray then u might get some but until that day your not going to get any.

7. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

i dont even care anymore. its obvious all the other members are just worried about kissing all the moderators asses so close this topic please

8. TheProphet

TheProphet Well-Known Member

To everyone who is saying reputation doesn't matter.
    If you have a negative score people don't really respect you.
    I remember Hotshy had like -35 reputation.

You think that if he started a shop, people would trust him?

They were deserved, but most people don't look at the reputation file to check it.

Might mean nothing to you, but would you rather make a deal (sell credits for money, tough i think that is something really sad) with a +30 reputation user or with a -30?

In my opinion just remove the reputation system, it adds nothing. If you want to tell someone you like him, reply to a thread he is posting on or pm him.

9. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Whats your old account xxblahxx? I'll have llam check it out tomorrow.

As for mod special treatments? I forgot, i get a bigger inbox, but thats the only thing i can think of ;)

BFTP

10. Ad4m

Ad4m Senior Member

instead of conitnueing this why not close it? as for my other name i removed it. because im sure you willa ll neg rep me. Also im sure you will have llama track it down so why ask me? close this thread so we can be done with it. better yet just delete it

11. PeterPan

PeterPan Well-Known Member

this is funny...
    lol
    ITS A FORUM!!
    its not like someone is gonna go to your house and say, 'I -reped you!"and you have to wear that -rep sign your whole life....
    its a forum..

12. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

i have had +reps removed. Doesnt matter to me. Dont like what goes on? You know where the door is.

13. KrazyNick

KrazyNick Well-Known Member

if you get a neg rep and you think you diddnt deserve it just pm llama and ask him to remove please(in a nice way dont say yo llama remove this rep) and if he thinks it was undeserved he will probaly remove it but if it said like spamming my thread then he might not remove it but if it said because fish go mOO then he will probaly remove it hope this helps some :)

14. Irrelevant

Irrelevant Well-Known Member

oh for the love of god will u just put a goddamn sock in it.

people have lives to lead, llamaman can't tend to every single member's need.
    nor should he seeing as all everyone ever does is bitch more.

(i shall say no more to avaod anotehr ban)

15. .scurenzio

.scurenzio Well-Known Member

You know I totally feel you . I was outraged by the furiousness of some mods. Take BFTP for an example. HE TAKES ADVANTAGE EVERYDAY!! By helping people, doing good, helping more people, doing more good. and look at us here bashing him...

Get some freaking perspective = JUST A FORUM!