Recreation Of Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by undeadorcjerk, Mar 30, 2008.

1. undeadorcjerk

undeadorcjerk Member

This one goes in technology because science and tech go hand in hand, anyway.

Last Sunday (the 23rd) on the Discovery Channel (yea, I like the DC) they had a special on scientists that are trying to recreate dinosaurs. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Me, I'd be blown away by someone actually doing this. Just think of Jurassic Park. It would be cool just to fly over an island and see what went on long ago.

2. AKW

AKW Senior Member

I think it is a bad idea. They are dead and the world is fine. I saw this on the DC too. But yeah... it isn't good to be messing with things like this. Sure, clone things for replacement parts (as long as you're not hurting them) and ---- like that.. but something that doesn't exist... then bringing it back... no. NOT a good idea AT ALL.

3. JohanVanSteen

JohanVanSteen Active Member

I donno, if it can be controled? why not? Just put the military on the subject to make sure they don't get out or something like that.

4. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

I think it would be cool. I probably saw that a while ago, or something. I remember seeing something that sounds like this months back, probably old though. I mean, I think it would be controlled easily. Plus, if it was possible and we somehow do it, it would not further just one part of science, but all the fields of science could advance. We would also be able to learn exactly how they lived. It would lead to even more discoveries in every root of science.

5. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

That would bring a whole new chapter to beastiality...

6. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

QFT.

no i just think this would open up a moral can of worms. its not important or particularly practical.

7. homeboy9

homeboy9 Senior Member

You can never tell what can be controlled or not. Just like Jurassic Park, things can and will go wrong. It's a neat concept, but as for its practicality I think their efforts should be directed to other tasks.

8. Sir Gudi

Sir Gudi Senior Member

@The people saying stuff like...what if they get out?

Who would win, a big scary monster or about 2b men with machine guns, tanks, rocket launchers and nukes?

9. AKW

AKW Senior Member

Who really cares?

Why would you want to create something that you have to control with force like that anyways. If you want that kind of ---- just go to Iran and Iraq and shoot back at the US forces there. That will give you a challenge.

No need to create something we have to fight off when you can just walk out and get a war with what we have.

10. fuRiouS_

fuRiouS_ Well-Known Member

Control them? More like put some missles on them and send them out in waves.

11. undeadorcjerk

undeadorcjerk Member

*insert evil laugh here*

12. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

Ahhh. Jurassic park is a good movie.

13. kryzzie

kryzzie Well-Known Member

I think beings that are dead should remain dead. If they were to be recreated, these life forms wouldn't be considered such interesting "history". Man is not God. It is stupid to play God and give life to beings that no longer exists for so long. Furthermore, these beings will not be living the life they lived in the past because the current state of the world has changed over time. Their interaction with others like themselves, their ability to adapt to the environment, etc cannot be observed even with their recreation because Man cannot reproduce such events. Recreating these creatures will only cause panic and concerns in general as Man do not have 100% knowledge of human beings living with such creatures, hence, Man might not adapt to their existence as quickly as these creatures adapt to ours.

14. jerzy

jerzy Well-Known Member

Man this is nuts but also pretty cool, i wouldn't mind seeing a real live dinosaur.

15. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca