Dell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDon129, Jun 22, 2006.

1. TheDon129

TheDon129 Well-Known Member

Please dont move this because i find it really important that everyone sees it. I know its long, but yah. . .thanks to anyone who reads it.

Ok, so i had to reformat my Dell computer, i thought no big deal, but i just thought to play it safe, i would call Dell. Well at first i was glad i did it. They said they have this ctrl+F11 thing where they send the computers back to the way it was when shipped out of the factory.

Well before i install the internet or even did anything to do with it, I installed Zonealarm Pro, Spyware Doctor, and NOD32. Spyware Doctor automatically did a spyware scan and i though no big deal. Low and behold it find 3 objects. Now im like what?!?!?

Dells come pre-loaded with WildTanget, Myway Search assisstant, and tribal fusion. I take a screen shot right away and save it to my desktop. Well i ask the guy on support whats up with the spyware. He says no that its not spyware but its good for the computer. Well you can look up any of those and they are infact bad for the computer.

So im transfered through Dell Tech Support like crazy. So ive been doing this for the past 3 days with my brother. We have racked up over 15 hours on the phone with them, we have been hung up on TWICE, and we have been blatently lied to. The worst part is that it still isnt fixed. They have told me to do so many things, that i cant even use it anymore. Then i ask them to fix it and it would cost over $200.

Anyways, im just going to boycott Dell Computers now. I have called the BBB i am in the process of sending them a complaint letter, and im telling all my friends, and i decided to come here. Anyways i was wondering if everyone could boycott dell with me.

Anyone ever had problems like this before?

2. ghettolt

ghettolt Well-Known Member

Dell is a cheap version of a real computer. Pay some extra $$ and get a new one. I have a dell but i'm getting an apple laptop.

3. TheDon129

i know its a cheap computer, but i wasnt consulted when my family got it =(.

4. ghettolt

ghettolt Well-Known Member

I guess it's better to experiment on crap then the real stuff, It just gets you ready for the real computers. Like now i'm going from a dell to apple. that's a pretty huge move. All the viruses , errors and other crap got me prepared, if I ever get that in the future i'll know what to do.

5. TheDon129

yah, i want to move to linux.

6. Mcal

Mcal Well-Known Member

its better and cheaper to buy the parts seperate

7. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

A. You stole Majins fan tag, therefore you getting that spyware is karma.
    B. Your families fault for buying a Dell.
    C. Linux would leave you in the dust. Nothing in it is automated like it is in Windows.
    D. WildTangent is on pretty much every computer to start with. All you need to do is delete it.
    E. All computers have some form of spyware on them to start with.
    F. Stop acting all suprised.