The Supernatural

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnythingPink, Aug 16, 2008.

1. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

Just wanted to know everyone's views when it comes to the supernatural. Whether were talking about aliens, psychics, ghosts, or just the unexplainable.

I for one do believe that the human mind has capabilities of doing many things if practiced. I used to practice an assortment of things ranging from empathy, telepathy, telekinesis and even things having to do with lucid dreaming and out of body experiences.. I think that a lot of people have a common mistaken view when it comes to psychic abilities.. They either expect the person to perform something seen in movies like Carrie or Firestarter when in fact it doesn't even work that way, it takes a lot of time and patience to even perform the simplest things. I would know because it took a lot of time for me to actually start spinning a psiwheel(paper folded placed on a needle).

So I would like to hear others perspectives on the subject or any experiences they may also have shared. ^_^

2. zzapper

zzapper Well-Known Member

What I experience a lot, are part of dreams so realistic I honestly have no idea how I can dream it. Then later, this "later" can vary from 2 days later or even a month or so later, I have exactly and I mean exactly the same dream, but then in real life. So I get a deja-vu feeling and if I think about that feeling I remember Ive dreamed that once.

3. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

religiously speaking there are things such as "ghosts", research it if u want :D

4. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

I do, I mean we've all dreamed the future. Hell, I have a dream from about kindergarten that didn't happen until a few months ago. At the time it just seemed... fake.

Other weird things have happened, but there's no point in describing any of them. ... I know one kid who supposedly sees "auras." He often asked "what's this glow around people?" I don't know what he does anymore, I only saw him every so often. There's a good chance he's just developed schizophrenia early-on in his life.

But do I know what it all is? No. Science can't really explain "dreaming the future." If it can, someone please show me.

5. lordsoccer10

lordsoccer10 Well-Known Member

Honestly, that type of stuff is hard to believe. You never have proof that it exists and really, there isn't anything to explain it. And as humans, we all want to believe in the non-existant (like children and superheroes) but sometime along the line you'll find yourself doubting what you had once believed. IYoumay want to believe in the supernatural but you'll always have doubts.

6. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

Actually there's a lot of supernatural things you can explain.

Some can't (like dreaming the future... not so much deja vu, but that feeling comes with it).

7. lordsoccer10

lordsoccer10 Well-Known Member

Well, yes
    But in somecases reality seems to appose those things.
    I mean they're interesting things to see
    but sometimes you start wondering...
    doubting...

8. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

If you have a belief in just about any religion you believe in the supernatural, just as a heads up to people who are like, 'I don't believe in the supernatural lolz'.

Personally I am with a multitude of other people whom have the 'ability' to see things in their dreams and recognize them as they happen in the future. I used to believe in ghosts, but that was largely when I was a child and thought I saw things, the feeling of belief in them has subsided as I haven't had any encounters since. Regarding aliens, you would have to be ignorant to not comprehend that in a universe as vast as our own there isn't some form of living organism besides what resides on this planet (even if you have firm religious beliefs it would be ignorant to think there is no life out there). Witchcraft? Not so much in the form its considered today after the media has butchered it and translated it to be what they feel it should be in most peoples minds. I believe miracles happen, I believe people can affect changes in others, etc. that kind of stuff, not the omfg voodoo kill kill kill portions of what people perceive magic to be today. Gods and deities? To an extent, I do beleive in creationalism and I believe in evolution, so I obviously believe in a higher power than ourselves. Do I believe in psychics? I believe there are people whom have a channeled sense to be able to manipulate objects with their mind (telekinesis) and telepathy and such as there have been thousands of reports with photos, videos, etc. showing this to be possible. Do I believe in all the public mumbo jumbo people do, like the whole show with the dude talking to members of people in the audiences dead family members? Hell no.

9. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

Aliens: Most probably exist, If humanity developed though organisms that developed on this planet rather than any other by random, they could have done it on another as well. But they're most probably not hanging around Earth just to anal probe us.

Psychics: Cold Readings. Bad acting.

Ghosts: Don't exist. If you think clouds are talking to you, take pills.

The Unexplainable: Temporarily unexplainable. People though the black plague was God's Wrath. We know better now.

Deja-Vu: Your brain condenses short term memory to long term memory while you sleep. Usually that ends up being general concepts rather than specific details, but it's all stuff you've seen before, because the brain can only work with what its got. When you experience a Deja-Vu, you brain connects the experience with the general concept that has been stored away, so it seems familiar. That's why when you try to think about how it happened the first time, it seems fuzzy, but gets clearer as you think longer. Your brain is filling in pieces with your current situation.

Superheroes: Evolution hasn't just stopped because we live much more comfortably than monkeys did, people are evolving...into people with less hair, into people with better resistance against cancer and aids. Because the ones who aren't resistance die off. Sad truth? Kinda. Textbook evolution? Yea. But no one is evolving into Superman, or the Flash, or into anyone from Heroes. Evolution doesn't trump the laws of Physics.

10. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Aliens: Most probably exist, If humanity developed though organisms that developed on this planet rather than any other by random, they could have done it on another as well. But they're most probably not hanging around Earth just to anal probe us.

Psychics: Cold Readings. Bad acting.

Ghosts: Don't exist. If you think clouds are talking to you, take pills.

The Unexplainable: Temporarily unexplainable. People though the black plague was God's Wrath. We know better now.

Deja-Vu: Your brain condenses short term memory to long term memory while you sleep. Usually that ends up being general concepts rather than specific details, but it's all stuff you've seen before, because the brain can only work with what its got. When you experience a Deja-Vu, you brain connects the experience with the general concept that has been stored away, so it seems familiar. That's why when you try to think about how it happened the first time, it seems fuzzy, but gets clearer as you think longer. Your brain is filling in pieces with your current situation.

Superheroes: Evolution hasn't just stopped because we live much more comfortably than monkeys did, people are evolving...into people with less hair, into people with better resistance against cancer and aids. Because the ones who aren't resistance die off. Sad truth? Kinda. Textbook evolution? Yea. But no one is evolving into Superman, or the Flash, or into anyone from Heroes. Evolution doesn't trump the laws of Physics.
    [/b][/quote]

This pretty sums up my feelings.

And lucid dreaming isn't anything supernatural, it's just playing off your imagination really, I've been practicing it recently and despite it's awesomeness there's nothing weird about it.

11. Creageaeon

Creageaeon Well-Known Member

psychics and ghosts are total bull----.
    life on another planet isnt that unrealistic to believe, its even arrogant to think that its not.
    but to believe that they abduct us etc is just insane.

I really dont believe in ghosts, because the idea of a ghost is based on religion and is ignoring the laws of nature. and people who claim such things exist is stupid and need to research instead of guessing.
    there is no santa claus, no jesus, no satan, no allah, no god, no pink unicornes or flying spaghetti monsters. The world is mysteries enough, beautyfull enough and big enough, we dont need the supernatural to make the world interesting.

12. Nastadon

Nastadon Member

I like the TV show. Pretty funny!

Now as for supernatural stuff being real... I don't believe in any of it.

13. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

Yes it is hard to believe. It's not a "normal" thing. Then again what is "normal" and what separates it from the supernatural? Really it's our own personal feelings towards the subject that could make something seem so distanced and unbelievable.

I remember I first tried out a few things when I turned 13.. Cause I always have been interested in the supernatural, we see it all over pop culture. When I first started out and started to get results back it was rather mind blowing and hard to believe. That is why many psychics test themselves. For example performing telekinesis on object under a glass to prove no wind was involved..

http://www.psipog.net/media-annie.html

This is Annie from Psipog, a site that has closed down. But their articles and videos are still up.

This is the site I started from, it doesn't have any of the fluffy crap that most sites will contain.

lol! that made me lol

But ya good points there Dem. A lot of the media has butchered this kind of topic. They display so much crap, and especially the type of "psychics" you see on TV giving tarot readings and speaking to the dead which is rediculous as well.

14. diverseartist

diverseartist Well-Known Member

Ghosts and spirits exist.
    Supernatural powers exist. (Monks In China are Proof)

But I don't fully believe anything till I see it for myself.

15. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

You have seen ghosts?