Ambiance/trance Music Recommendations

Discussion in 'Movies' started by White Tiger, Apr 22, 2008.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

Lately, I have found that I have been liking ambiance and trance music for driving and studying. My favorites right now are currently Massive Attack (famous for doing the theme song for House M.D. in the US and the song from the Assassin Creed trailer) and Boards of Canada. I could try Pandora, but wanted to see what you guys had to offer too. :D

2. //CrazyHorse

//CrazyHorse Well-Known Member

oh massive attack are really good. I've been into them ever since I looked up the House theme.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "ambience/trance" but as far as all the electronic style music goes, I really like Junkie XL, CSS, and Danger. Particularly Junkie XL's new CD.

Also, anime and game soundtracks tend to have really good instrumental music. some of my favorites include the Trigun OST's (The First Donuts and The Second Donuts) and the Amored Core 4 soundtrack.

3. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

I listen to a lot of ambient music... The darker types like what Burzum began to make and similar bands (Vinterriket come to mind) are examples of the type of ambiance I listen to. You should possible check out genres like neo-classical and martial; I listebn to that stuff when doing school work.

(I don't listen to a lot of trance... Not really my thing; but my friend usually has it on while we play Xbox... The System on XM)

And like CrazyHorse said, anime soundtracks are a good choice. I mainly have the Blood+ and Ghost in the Shell movie soundtracks on play when I sleep and study.... A lot of it is epic enough to make driving epic. ^_^

Too bad XM is stopping their AOL Radio thing, or else I would recommend checking out XM's Ambient station... Some shoutcast (Winamp) dario stations: Paganick and di.fm's ambient.

Side note: is the character in your second sig from a series?
    ----------------
    Now playing on Winamp: the meads of asphodel - sluts of the netherworld
    via FoxyTunes

4. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Well, I guess since I'm listening to it right now, check out the Requiem for a Dream (that's an amazing movie, ^_^ ) soundtrack. Electronica with some neo-classical to add to an EXTREMELY sad and emotional ambient feel. It's amazing.

5. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

My recommendations:
    1) At the End of the Day - Amon Tobin
    2) Flutter - Bonobo / Pick Up - Bonobo
    3) The Boxer - The Chemical Brothers
    4) Count You Blessings - Hint ** very close to Tear Drop
    5) Higher Than a Skyscraper / Finished Symphony - Hybrid
    6) Departures - The Karminsky Experience
    7) Smoke & Mirrors - RJD2

Have a listen.