Headsets

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SM RxBandits, Jan 19, 2008.

1. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

im looking for a new headset. main things i want/need

wireless (dont really care how its wireless. usb, minijack connections, whatever)
    price not too expensive (hopefully no more than 50-60, but i dont mind a good 30$ one)
    microphone

basically i just want good quality sound, and a good mic. not a mic that picks up every little thing, but noise canceling isnt necessary. and they should have some good reviews.

ive seen this one, and it seems pretty good to me.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...0#productdetail

thanks to everyone who helps out and ill definitely be repping people who are helpful and get me some good ideas

2. retal

retal Senior Member

Umm, what are you planning to use the headset for? Gaming or music or other stuff?

If your getting it for gaming, theres a headset I found on newegg.com. It's good for gaming but unfortunately, it sucks for music, due to the bass settings -if i read correctly.

Here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836504001

The mic just picks up your voice, nothing else. (Well, thats what the review said =/ )

Cost is $34.99

Feel free to read the review yourself

Hope this helps

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

wireless headsets are a pity, they discharge rather quickly.

take your pick

quality performance
    portability

because you can only really have one for the time being.

if you're using the headset for PC gaming, go for one with 5.1 channel surround sound. The Turtle Beach TBS-2112 is a pretty good set for the price, only surround sound headset with acceptable bass from what I hear. Also they're reasonably priced with a going rate of around $70

4. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

my biggest thing about wireless is that i have a wheeled computer chair, and the computer is really close, so i have a lot of extra chord floating around, and sometimes it gets run over by the chair, and i know its not good for the wires.

5. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

it's not good but it's largely negligible. I'm in the same situation.