Need Some Major Help..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by l0nleystranger, Nov 28, 2007.

1. l0nleystranger

l0nleystranger Well-Known Member

I've been coping with some problems with my computer for the last about 2 months now. Every time I try and watch youtube my firefox shuts down because of some problem with flash...I think oh well I guess I don't have the latest version. I go to the Macromed file download the newest version and restart so that it activates...I come back try and watch youtube again and the damn thing didn't update so I have to continuously keep re-updating because it will work for one video and then it will shut down again.

Another problem I've been having is with my MSN. It also keeps on shutting down, " MSN has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown" kind of stuff. This also happens with my WoW. I've ran my scanner in Safe Mode and most of all that stuff, but nothing seems to have worked.

One last problem is that my explorer.exe won't load properly when I start up. Everything on my desktop will show up but when I look at the systemtray it only shows Volume and then stops loading icons. to temporarily fix this problem I have to manually shut down explorer.exe (CTRL+ALT+delete blah..blah..bleh) then manually turn it on again (run - explorer.exe). This fixes it but it's a real nuisance doing this almost every second time I start up.

The only weird thing about this is sometimes my computer will work and sometimes it won't. It has good days and bad days, on a good day my youtube won't shut down every 2nd movie I watch.

Really would appreciate even the most little amount of help. I'd rather take formatting as a last approach...please :D

2. MattMann

MattMann Well-Known Member

I would check your startup programs and services for the explorer.exe problem. Something starting with the computer might be hanging it. MSN/WOW problem could also be caued by this.

For the Flash/Firefox problem check these instructions.

As always you could just reformat and start fresh.

BTW is it Vista or XP?

3. l0nleystranger

l0nleystranger Well-Known Member

I am running on XP. Thanks I'll try those little bits