The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mortified Penguin, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Okay, so this is my favourite movie of all time - which is funny considering I am not really a big fan of Batman; well at least not prior to the CN trilogy - please discuss.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Of all time? What was your favorite before this one? It was a good movie, but still doesn't top my favorite! Transformers, the first one. ;)

3. Mortified Penguin

Prior to this, it was Sherlock Holmes. I still can't decide if I prefer the original or Game of Shadows more. I love Moriarty and how it was like a big chess game between two Grandmasters (funny analogy considering) but I love the cleverness of Lord Blackwood's crimes as well...so it's tough. Plus both movies have awesome slo-mo scenes.

I actually ever thought I would see a Batman movie top The Dark Knight. I was so amazed by the Joker and loved him so much so I wasn't that excited for The Dark Knight Rises but boy, was I wrong. I love Tom Hardy as an actor and again, he proves why I do. Bane was amazing. I am even going to go so far as to say as he was better than Ledger's Joker (which, in itself, was amazing). His speeches were captivating, his presence menacing, his fighting brutal and he was intelligent as well, not just some big brute who could pick on Batman. He had a plan to go along with his brutality and made him the perfect villain in my eyes. Many will disagree but that's why it's a discussion of the movie.

4. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Good movie but couldn't top the second one for me personally. I found the joker way more epic than Bane.
    Also, still not liking the new batmobile or the fact that batman seems to have a throatinfection while speaking :p

5. Mortified Penguin

Most people probably agree. I think the voice thing is so no-one recognizes him as Bruce Wayne. It makes sense.

6. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Oh yeah, I'm sure it is but it just annoys me ^^.
    But god story indeed, especially the revelation about Bane was nicely done.

7. Mortified Penguin

Well, let's just be thankful he doesn't talk too often. I think Christopher Nolan did a brilliant job with this trilogy. Opting to use IMAX cameras paid off, I think. Shame he couldn't use them for the entire movie though.

8. Dale Steyn

Dale Steyn New Member

I am a big fan of batman and very pleased to read about this great movie. The Dark Knight Rises is all time favorite movie of mine and I watch this movie again and again. Thank you so much for your good work.