The Xbox 360 Price Cut

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AG Alx, Mar 14, 2008.

1. AG Alx

AG Alx Well-Known Member

Link to source here.

So, a 360 price cut, eh? Pretty good for those of us in Britain who don't yet have one, but still want one...Like me. :P

And right now, the 360 is the cheapest console on the market - with the Arcade version beating the Wii by a good £30.

But will this price cut be an incentive for others, such as casual gamers who may not have much interest in games, to buy the console? Or will the blow of the 'finished' HD DVD market be enough to put them off? Are you more likely to buy one now that the price has been lowered by £50?

Discuss. :3

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Since there has actually been a lot of talks of 360 recieving some form of Blu-Ray adaption, I think this can only be a good thing. :3

Would have much preferred them to keep the price the same and either lower or remove XBL pricing though...

3. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

Do these price cuts apply to the U.S. as well? If they do, I'd definitely get one (but I have no money :P)

4. AG Alx

AG Alx Well-Known Member

I really hope they develop Blu-Ray adaption too, but this seems to differ... >-<

Annnnd I agree with the XBL pricing part too - lower the monthly fees, or at least enable built-in wireless. But still, new buyers of the console can just imagine that they already have wireless built-in, as they can buy the adapter for around £50, making the console the old RRP. Or, if they have a wired connection, they could get a years subscription for around the same price as the old RRP. :P

Nope, sorry Illuminati - Europe only. Looks like you're gonna have to keep (or rather, start xP), saving. :P

5. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

Well that's discouraging lol. My job better start paying me more :P

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

it's overdue for the price to be cut. I'm sure at this point yields are up on it's chips and manufacturing costs have overall plummetted.

plus M$ makes cash on game licensing not the console itself.

7. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

I love bias reporting...

The price cut is good, while I already have a 360 this will make it a bit easier for people to buy a console...basically the 360, PS3, and Wii are no longer next gen, they are current.

8. Hotsauce2103

Hotsauce2103 Well-Known Member

I just read it on Tom's Hardware that Microsoft confirmed that it WILL NOT put the Blu-Ray drive in it's xbox consoles.
    So yeah, that's dissapointing.

9. king_1

king_1 Well-Known Member

i wish they had those price cuts in USA, but anyways it good for all you Europeans out there who are into games

10. xlink

there is no such thing as a next-gen console. They're made to be mass produced in the millions and for the most part all mass producible items are either current or last gen by nature as getting the very latest most cutting edge stuff into a product isn't economical. That's why for sony even a partially disabled and downscaled version of cell(the full version has 8 SPUs the PS3's only has 7 and the current revision runs at 6.2GHz whereas the PS3's only runs at 3.2Ghz, so basically the PS3s is cripled) cost big $$$

11. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

Has anyone got the chance to watch any BluRay movies that have really nice effects on a PS3 > HDMI > HD TV? With a good sound system, oh man. I was completely brainwashed by friends who said that there isn't that big of a change between watching DVDs and HD movies. LMAO They are so wrong! There's a HUGE difference. It's so clear and so real. Oh man lol.

12. Gentile

Gentile New Member

I doubt even the price cut will make the xbox be able to be more competitive against the ps3 or wii in the long term in europe.

13. xlink

not a big difference on an old 640*480 TV... 1080p is over a 600% increase in resolution(aka 1920*1080)

I'm with you on that. I'm a crazed PC guy and I want a desktop resolution of 3360*1050(two 1680*1050 monitors) for increase productivity

14. Bones-gfx

Bones-gfx Well-Known Member

Just great! Right after I buy mine.

15. .parfekt//

.parfekt// Senior Member

360 has tons of glitches I heard, and the fact that blueray on PS3 is awesomeness is really making 360 run for it's money.