Oh ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .scurenzio, Aug 16, 2005.

1. .scurenzio

.scurenzio Well-Known Member

----, My laptop just phuked up pretty bad. The .system file just ran away from HD and now windows cant start.

If I re-install(with deleting everything) would all those "get back your stuff" programs worK? Im really ----ing pissed off. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I cant loose the .psd's I got there I just CANT!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHGGGH ----!!!

2. ideaz

ideaz Well-Known Member

its ok HTID.....actually idk if it is..lol sorry....this must suck :unsure:

3. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

can you press F8 before the windows splash comes up? you can then set it to the last good startup.

If not, like I said for CoolGuy, get Knoppix, and you can get all your stuff back before you re-format. there is a cd-burner on there. so you can back up all your data onto cd.

4. TheBrotherhood

TheBrotherhood Well-Known Member

Try to start Windows in SafeMode and back up your files. Then re-install Windows.
    Hope that works.

5. .scurenzio

the problem is that the whole system file is gone so not even the safe mode runs. My HD is probly phuked.

oh man, I cant loose my info, I just CANT , I cant cant cant.

I get the psd's to my best peieces there. :censored:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/21384218/
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/21493282/

6. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Either the knoppix idea, or if you happen to have another laptop drive that you could use for a spare and get an external case for your current one. That way it will be a slave drive not master and you should still be able to get the info off.

7. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

Take the HD out and put it as a slave on a different laptop - On another laptop/PC(if its the same) that works it wont boot up using that HD but the one already in it ie the master. Just a suggestion if it works or not

EDIT - :D had the same idea as hydrogen - coincidence :D

8. Kazuya

Kazuya Senior Member

Right. Ignore whut everyone else said. Do this.

Get your windows XP CD. Load up your computer - at the Boot screen/black screen with info on the left - Hit F8. Then choose to boot your computer from a CD. Then click on Instal XP and etc, then it'll ask you to new install - then do one of these.

1. Click new install, it'll install a new windows, and you'll hav your files back, but it screws up your P.C. in the long run - however this will give you enuff time to put your files to CD.

or. Hit upgrade/repair/re-install and it should fix your computer - but sometimes it doesn't work and screws up your computer even more =|

9. .scurenzio

I found that Im missing ntoskrnl.exe

and since I have had problems with my HD before. This is what probably happened

we have tried even debug and reinstall windows xp but no help and its problem with the HDD ... as even if u debug and reinstall windows .. it will give errors and at last u need to replace the HDD.
    if u have Seagate HDD .. u can download the tool from
    www.seagate.com/support/seatools/index.html

or
    Maxtor or Quantum
    www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/files/powermax.exe

or
    Samsung
    www.samsungelectronics.com/hdd/support/downloads/utilities_02.html

Hope this will Help

Thanx

Theresa whole buncha info on this here http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20460218.html
    I am still reading it.

And kazuya the thingie you posted doesnt work, cuz IT DOESNT EVEN WONNA LOAD MY INSTALL CD. Im sooooooo phuked. :censored:

10. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

If you HDD is Fooked, buy a new one from a computer store, and buy an external case for the one you have now. Load up your new drive with XP, and then hook up your old drive to the USB ports, and get your files off. It doesnt matter if the XP is broken on the drive, it will just be slaved and you can get your info.

Done it many times....

11. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

I copied and pasted my ntoskrnl.exe somewhere-lol

12. Kazuya

Kazuya Senior Member

I found that Im missing ntoskrnl.exe

and since I have had problems with my HD before. This is what probably happened

we have tried even debug and reinstall windows xp but no help and its problem with the HDD ... as even if u debug and reinstall windows .. it will give errors and at last u need to replace the HDD.
    if u have Seagate HDD .. u can download the tool from
    www.seagate.com/support/seatools/index.html

or
    Maxtor or Quantum
    www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/files/powermax.exe

or
    Samsung
    www.samsungelectronics.com/hdd/support/downloads/utilities_02.html

Hope this will Help

Thanx

Theresa whole buncha info on this here http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20460218.html
    I am still reading it.

And kazuya the thingie you posted doesnt work, cuz IT DOESNT EVEN WONNA LOAD MY INSTALL CD. Im sooooooo phuked. :censored: [/b][/quote]
    It does - your loading it wrongly. Umm.. I know you can load it, but you need to hit a special key... Try wwww.filesharingtalk.com - go to the forums. They'l hav a solution for yah:)

13. .scurenzio

oh ----...

my hdd just went kaboom, all my data is lost.... i just feel like im gonna cry.....because the ----ING STUPID WIN XP cd is not an original but some ----ed one that comes with bull---- programs and more bull----, ---- toshiba, ---- them ---- them ---- them ---- them ----ING ALL!!!A
    sdgioawehasd
    s
    ag
    sa
    g
    sa
    gsag
    al;amsg
    Im soooo ----ing mad right bnow

14. .Lost

.Lost Well-Known Member

I agree with the knoppix idea.
    Download and copy knoppix to your computer, make your computer boot from CD, then launch knoppix and recover all your files.

If your afraid of linux, then just get another hard drive, and get windows to boot off of thenew hard drive, and get all your information from your "phuked" hdd and put it into the other hdd, or even to a cd/dvd :eek:

15. Kazuya

Kazuya Senior Member

its IMPOSSIBLE for him to get his files now. They've been completely erased from his computer. ... So much for my bid :'(