PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help

aphex
02-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Ok I was reading a tutorial and it mentioned for me to select a rounded edge marquee. like the rectangular marquee with rounded edges. I remember it on my photoshop 7 but its not there in my Photoshop CS.
Where is it? is it not in CS or did it somehow get misplaced. If its supposed to be there and you have the file for that thing please send it to me.

soari

.:BombeR:.
02-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by soari@Feb 16 2005, 06:20 AM
Ok I was reading a tutorial and it mentioned for me to select a rounded edge marquee. like the rectangular marquee with rounded edges. I remember it on my photoshop 7 but its not there in my Photoshop CS.
Where is it? is it not in CS or did it somehow get misplaced. If its supposed to be there and you have the file for that thing please send it to me.

soari
feather :D

aphex
02-16-2005, 11:40 PM
feather just makes it shrink once you select. THere is supposed to be a tool that is a square with rounded edges.

Blazeman
02-17-2005, 01:30 AM
is this it?

http://img143.exs.cx/img143/1451/rounded5bu.jpg

after making the shape, you can rasterize the layer

edit: there is no marquee with rounded edges so this might be what you're looking for.... OR

1. make a square/rectangle using the marquee

2. go to Select > Modify > Smooth and then select a number of pixels and it will round off the edges

i hope that helps

aphex
02-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cheeky@Feb 17 2005, 04:30 PM
edit: there is no marquee with rounded edges so this might be what you're looking for.... OR

1. make a square/rectangle using the marquee

2. go to Select > Modify > Smooth and then select a number of pixels and it will round off the edges

i hope that helps
Thankyou, that second one was what I was looking for. thanks.