PDA

View Full Version : Kalli's Epic Critique Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Kalli
07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
<div align="center">http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Necro_Designs/KECT-Banner-2.png
Please Read Rules Before Posting

UPDATE:</span> First I want to apologize to anyone who last posted who I did NOT critique. I have had a lot of stuff going on lately, but am somewhat settled and will try to occasionally get on here. So I am sorry, but will try my best to get on at least once a day to help out a few people each day. Forgive me if it takes me awhile to get back to my top critiquing, but I will try my best to keep up to my old standards.

Ok well I am finally starting my very own critique thread. Many people are always asking me to critique their Tag and I always end up forgetting. This will be my best way to make sure I get everyone who wants their tag critiqued. However, if this does get out of hand with flaming and people getting upset, I will immediately close this thread and will no longer critique anyone.

Now most of you are asking how I am gonna keep this up with so many people. That is very simple. When I am not here, I will not allow anyone to post their tags. Anyone who does I will not critique that tag and will not critique any tags of theirs for a full week. So yes, spamming does have its consiquences in here.

Finally, when I am gone you WILL know it. I will post in the Topic Description whether I am here to critique or whether I am currently away.

Ok well I want this to be a good thing....so there are VERY few rules that are needed to follow. They are only to make it fair to everyone.

<span style="color:red">1 - No More Than One Tag A Day (Except For Updated After CnC)
2 - Please No Back Talk
3 - When I Am Gone, Do NOT Post A Tag
4 - Tag Must Be In Post (Not In Signature)

So now with that all said, let us begin!
</div>

[.BC.] KriPTiQ
07-18-2007, 11:46 PM
W00T first post.

Hack away!

Kalli
07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Decadence - Please Read Rule 4

[.BC.] KriPTiQ
07-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Lol that wasn't there when I posted.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/346/albacopyoq3.jpg

Kalli
07-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Decadence - I think the overall feel of this tag is pretty nice, however there are still areas within the tag that if they were fixed/improved would make the tag much better. The first thing that I noticed that I did not like about the tag, is the colors within it seem kinda of dull. I think if there were some better colors, or if even these were more contrasted to look more pleasing it might look nice. The next thing that did it for me was the lighting. Like there is a light source, but it looks fake. Like I don't see a light, I just see a lighter color part of the background. The effects in the tag are pretty nice, and the smudging is decent, however those circles next to her head kinda of bug me, and maybe are a bit too much right there. The clipping mask is not bad, but maybe a little long imo.

[.BC.] KriPTiQ
07-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Yea I think the lighting really needs help but I'm not the best at that. I liked the colors and the masks but thanks a bunch for your CC.

Kalli
07-19-2007, 12:37 AM
You're Welcome!

Merged Post:

Ok well it is dead tonight so I am getting off. I will be back on tomorrow.

Kalli
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Harry
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
i kinda go away from my style on this one... aka my current...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/RobHarry/Sigs/zhingharrycopy.jpg

personally, idk what to think..

Kalli
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Harry -

I would have to say that your current is a better style for you, at least for the time being. This tag is not the best tag as it has quite a few things in it that could be much better. The first thing I thought to myself when I looked at the tag was that the render and the background do not fit well together. When using a render or stock, you have to make sure the style of effects along with the color will compliment the render/stock itself. In this case it just looks like the render got shoved in there almost on an abstract tag.

The second thing I think could use some improvement are the colors and contrast themselves. First off, the colors are not all that appealing in the tag as they are a bit too bright, and then having being over-contrasted, it makes them look even worse. Also the lighting you have used was not done the best. I think the lighting might look better if it was not so contrasted, but as of right now it looks forced to me. Meaning, that there are just two bright spots on each side of the tag.

Next would be your text. You did a good job when you went simple, because in my opinion, simple is almost always the best. However, in this case it is a bit too simple. It almost looks like you just quickly placed some small text in your tag. A word of advice, if you are going to add text, never do it in a rush. Experiment with sizes and fonts until you find that right font. Lastly, would be the effects. There is no flow and no real depth to the tag at all, which I think might have to mainly do with it being so contrasted. It looks like you used some decent effects, but those two widened lines going each way, just looks like forced flow. Never just have flow in front of the tag, with random in the back. That just makes the overall tag look messy.

`sparks
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow. Talk about nice critique O_O

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/spaghetti1856/spiretycopy.jpg

Kalli
07-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Aspect -

No I am not going easy on you since you are in BC....hehe. Anyway about the tag. I think your last tag was a LOT better on that....emphasis a lot on that. This tag kind of just looks like you whipped up something really quick and were not really trying at all. The very first thing I noticed about the tag that I did not like was the text. The whole tag itself seems kinda like faded in color, but then you have this text that looks like it was just slapped on almost. The color is vibrant much compared to the rest of the tag. Also the font choice and color just does not appeal all that much to me.

The next thing that I noticed was two things actually. First was the color of the tag, and then also the lighting as well. I know you have trouble with this, but this would be the main thing I would say you should practice on. The colors just seem very dull and boring...there is no vibrance in the tag at all, which is what can usually make or break a tag. Also the lighting is VERY strong and is in such a small place. With a light source that strong you want to make sure is spreads throughout the tag at a good rate. Also maybe try moving the light source up a little bit so you do not really see the center of the source.

Two more things and I am done, I swear. The first is the sprite. I like how you tried to either get a depth perception in there, or maybe just a kinda of motion feel. You blurred the bottom of the sprite, but you also blurred around the sprite. I would say either do one or the other, and then maybe even sharpen up which one you decided not to in areas. Then finally is the effects you have in here. They are very minimal and on the left it hurts the tag. It is so empty however, in the entire tag that it makes the tag feel unfinished. So maybe try adding some more effects in areas...blurring the background maybe slightly and ever sharpening up spots in the front to give it some depth. Depth is what is lacking a lot in here.

Merged Post:

Ok well since no one seems to be wanting me to CnC right now, I am gonna head off for awhile. I will be back on later.

Kalli
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok I am back now. Post Away.

demonflair
07-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Ok, I made this sig today, I want to know what do you think about it:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/demonflair_2007/Spawn-Sig-3-1.png

Kalli
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Demonflair -

The overall tag is nice, but I think that it could be a lot better. The first thing I noticed when I was looked at the tag though was the lighting. The light to dark contrast of the light source in the tag is way too fast. The light source looks completely out of place in the tag and does not really look like a light source. It also does not fit well with the render itself. The lighting on the render is not subtle, but it is not strong, it is right in between. Yet your light source is VERY strong compared to the rest of the tag. It also just sits in the upper right corner, it needs to kinda of expand. It needs to flow into darkness, not just cut off immediately.

The overall tag however seems kinda dark to me. However, that might just have to do with the render being so dark. So I would maybe suggest that you lighten up the render...it is so dark it is hard to even make out what the render is. Doing that also might compliment the brighter light source you have set in the tag. The effects are pretty nice, but there seems to be nothing in the background. I would think if you added a bit more back there it might look a little better. Lastly would have to be that D and the chain. They both just look out of place and the chain itself seems to disrupt the flow of the tag.

Gannon
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/something941/dragon-sotw-11.jpg

btw its all pen tool.

Kalli
07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Gannon -

Well hmmm, I really was wanting to stick towards tags, and not Small Pieces. Anyways though, I think that this piece is very well done. I am very impressed with the pen tool work you have done here. The only thing that I think might be a bit better would be the eyeball/socket part of the piece. It actually took me a few looks to realize what it really was. I do like how it almost resemble like an encyclopedia but I think the small words were a bit overdone in the piece. Then finally is the Dragon text. To me, it kinda of just does fit in well with everything else. Overall though, I think you did a very good job with the pen tool...I am impressed.

punisher246
07-19-2007, 07:04 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5238/smudgecopysk5.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8606/smudgecopybwvm8.png

Thnx! :)

Kalli
07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Punisher246 -

Version 1 by far! Version 2, with the black and white, just does not look all that great. The color version is by far much better. Now for the overall tag. The first thing I noticed that I thought could be much better was the text. I like the font you used for Smudge along with the color variation and choice, but not the other. The font you chose for your name just does not look good at all and does not fit in well with the rest of the tag imo. Then next, I think the tag might look better without any border at all. But for me, I personally do not like borders at all.

I simply love the smudging you have done on the left side, but unfortunately that is all. The right side has good smudge effects with the brighter color, yet the right side and somewhat middle seem to be lacking. Also the smudging around the render's shoulders seems to be oddly done, mostly the left side. You did a good job on the background with the lighting, except it should not be that light next to his right shoulder imo. However, the lighting on the render seems to be odd. It seems as though the render itself is a bit overcontrasted compared to the rest of the tag. That is probably the biggest downfall for me in the entire tag.

Eloquence
07-19-2007, 07:20 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/EloquentGFX/Signatures/2007/MinustheBear.jpg

charming
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/4z03w9z.png
stock not render done with filters and default brushes

i dont like using c4d's really but any advice from yourself would be more than welcome =]

Kalli
07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Eloquence -

Well I would have to say that this tag is not the best. It is kinda of just too empty. It seems like all that it is, is a stock with what looks like some c4ds on front of it. The text also does not fit all that well, especially since it is just plain white. I would suggest maybe even using a larger canvas, so that way you might be able to get more than just the people. If you were to do that you could create some depth within the tag and maybe some good flow. Also the effects you have over them just are random, and some of them do not look too great.

Merged Post:

Charming -

Don't worry I usually prefer not to use any c4ds myself. My current only uses one small c4d. Anyways for the tag...the effects are decent but a bit too repetative and since it is just them they seem kinda of boring. On the far right it looks like you may have used liquify or something because you can see strokes...maybe get those a little less visible. The lighting itself seems to be a bit strong in that one place. Maybe try to get it varied out so that the light to dark contrast happens a little less sudden. Maybe also try moving the light source up a bit more.

However, the stock itself is kind of odd. Maybe use a better stock haha. Anyways, the flow is pretty good but imo there is no real depth to the tag. Maybe if you were to get some darker spots and maybe even blur/sharpen some spots up that might help with that a bit. But I would also suggest not completely staying away from c4ds. Even the most subtle amount can always improve a tag.

charming
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
finally usefull c&c ill have a play with it tomorrow as its quite late =/ and take that in mind =]

Kalli
07-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I am glad I could help!

Kalli
07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
And Misfortune has pushed me down...hehe

Th3DarkCloud
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/Th3DarkCloud/IchigoSpriteTag.png

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/Th3DarkCloud/IchigoSpriteTag2.png

iFusion
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
C&C Please.

http://www.easyupload.us/uploads/images/c1525fad0c2fa3b55fbd7cee5708f967.png

Kalli
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Th3DarkCloud -

I would have to say that I would go with version one. Merely on the fact that it has a bit more color in the overall tag which looks nice. Just having the blue did not look as good. However, the first thing that I noticed when I looked at your tag was the text. The text in this does not look too great. You used some funky font. What I would suggest doing, is keeping the font subtle like that, but using a simple font...maybe even a default font. Fancy font is not always the best for a tag.

Then the next thing I was really looking at were the effects of the tag. I see that they are pretty minimal which is not bad but there is a small problem with that. With the first one and the color variation you do keep some depth in there which is pretty good. However, the effects over the sprite seem kinda over contrasted or too bright imo. I am talking right on his feet. Maybe add some more messy effects down there but keep it in a flowish feel. That is the other thing, is the flow of the tag. I liked how the light was going down...the flow was kinda down. Then you added that bluish purple line to the tag going horizontal and imo that was totally unneeded. It looks out of place to me and disrupts the flow of the tag.

Then next would come the lighting. You did a good job on lighting placement and not having it too bright. However, the light to dark transition is not the best. It seems to go dark a bit too fast, maybe try to have it transition a tad bit more in the tag. A suggestion I would also add for the effects is maybe add a few effects in there that are sharpened...like under the sprite.

Merged Post:

iFusion -

I am not really feeling this tag all that much. I will try to explain why but there is just an odd feel to it. I think the best way to describe it is that the overall tag has a glazed over kinda foggy feel to it imo. Some type of filter you used or blur layer or something, that just ruins the entire tag for me. The first big thing I noticed though that did not go great with the tag was the font. The font just looks slapped on there, kinda forced. It does not look as though you tried to make it fit in with the tag. I mean all the sudden you have this black font that is of bad quality, and oddly placed. So maybe make it a bit more subtle, or even try different fonts and colors.

That is another thing about the tag. The colors to me seem just boring. They are kinda smudged together and there is no real appeal to them. I think the colors on the cars could be a lot more vibrant and the effects could even have somewhat of a color to them, not just boring greyish white. Then for the effects. I like the idea of the tag and the effects, but one big thing bugs me. The car in the back is more sharp than the car in the front, yet the effects in the front are more sharp than in the back. I think the back needs to be blurred and the front sharpened. Maybe try to even that out. Also in the front car try to do like the back with the effects going over the car, I think that would look nice.

Hulka
07-19-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.splinterfx.com/privateimages/marioexplosion.png

Kalli
07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Hulka -

Hmm, its a tag with c4d overload. Definitely the first thing I noticed were all of the c4d renders you put in there. A lot of c4d renders are not bad, but you have to know how to use them or it just does not come out looking...I guess you could say clean. In this case you just stuck a bunch in there which created a chaotic messy look which caused there to be no flow within the tag. Another downside to doing that is the effects that causes, especially with depth and such, it often makes the render look out of place. In this case, the left side depth does not go well with the render imo. So do not just stick a bunch of c4ds into a tag, try to add other effects as well. Also try to make them flow in a certain direction rather than going every way imaginable.

The next thing I noticed was the text. The text looks like you just wanted text on the tag. Like you took a font you liked with a good looking color and just stuck it on there. When working with text, you want to make sure that the text flows well with the tag, and is not just an eye sore to the tag. Next would be the lighting. The lighting in this tag is not bad, but I would not say it is good either. It just looks like you stuck a lot of lighting in there which technically works, but does not look all that great. You should try to focus on one or maybe two light source coming from a certain direction. To figure that out you have to look at the render to see where the lighting is coming from. The colors in this tag are also kinda random. When you think of Mario...at least for me...I think of red and blue. In this tag, however, there is just a lot of colors, none of which really are there to compliment the render.

I think I am down to the last two things. The first thing is the render blending. You did not do a bad job, and again it is not a great job. First the right side is blended in pretty well. Yet the left and middle are not done the greatest. In the middle you have that big light beam that is kinda fuzzy blurry going across the render. Then next on the left you have that c4d going across his hat. You see the effects can look good over the render, yet sometimes it will just look overdone and it will not look that great.

Hulka
07-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks man, will try again :)

Kalli
07-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Np m8!

Chris_Of_Death
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9022/sweetdragonnj8.png

i was board ^^

SM Valence
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/ValenceGFX/muhai.png

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/ValenceGFX/muhai2.png

Kalli
07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Chris_Of_Death -

I could almost use the same CnC as I did for Hulka haha! This is another c4d overload tag. Using lots of c4d renders is not so much a bad thing, but if you do it you got to know how to use it. Just sticking them in there having them go in every direction just makes the tag look messy. With c4ds, you want to try to get that clean look. In this case, there is no flow to the tag at all. Unfortunately you are usually able to pull out some depth with a lot of c4ds, but this time you were not even able to get some good depth.

Next would have to be the lighting and render blending. The lighting in this tag just looks random. I mean I see some light areas and then some darker areas. Those darker areas look kinda of odd too because they don't look like they should be dark. With lighting you want to have one maybe two light sources in the tag and you do not want them to be too overpowering. To determine where the light source should go, you should try to look at the render and see where the light is coming from. Renders can sometimes be tough to blend into a tag. Especially depending on the effects use in the tag. In this case, since it is a messy tag there was no good way to blend the render in. However, if you had put some effects over the render that would have looked better than nothing.

Merged Post:

SM Valence -

I will have to say that I like version two more in this case. I also very much like the idea/setup of the tag, however there are some areas that with some touch ups would make the tag look hawt. I think the first and utmost thing in the tag that would benefit from an "upgrade" would have to be the sprite. I am not sure but this sprite looks I guess, kinda over-contrasted. Which makes the sprite look of even lower quality. So maybe try not to have too much of that effects over the sprite, or at least tone it down somewhat. With it being like that, it gets a bit too dark in areas and does not fit all great with the rest of the tag.

Now I am not sure why, but the overall quality of the tag is not looking to great to me. I think where it really hits is under that kinda of thick line c4d. You can kinda see some bad quality right there in the tag. I think if that were fixed, meaning it looked smoother that would also greatly imrpove the tag. The lighting is done pretty good in this tag, although I think the light from the top should be the more powerful light, rather than it being the bottom light. The colors are pretty nice in the tag, not the best, but its hard to get the best...haha. I think the last thing I would complain about is it being a bit too empty and dark on the left. I love negative space, but in this tag it just seems to be a bit much imo.

Hulka
07-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Can I post 1 more tonight kalli? I just finished one.

Chris_Of_Death
07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4825/sweetdragonv2wr0.png
did that while i was waiting .

thanks mate i was just going for a messy look :P

but i do need to read up on lightsources thanks agian!

Kalli
07-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Hulka -

Yea that is fine, but just this one time ok?

Chris_Of_Death -

Looks better without the border.

Merged Post:

Ok well if no one ends up posting here shortly I am gonna close this for the night.

Forcystus
07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/200/7/0/Transformers_Bumblebee_Tag_by_Nakamaru90.png

Lets Go!!

Kalli
07-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Forcystus -

I think this tag could definitely turn into a good tag with a few modifications. The first thing though that needs to be done without a doubt is fix the lighting. You overdid the lighting WAY too much. The lighting should not be right on the render. I can not quite tell, but it looks like it should be coming from above the render. So maybe try making the light source above him and not on him and maybe even tone it down a bit. You might also want to try making it another color besides just white.

The next thing is the flow of the tag. The right side with the flow looks pretty decent, however the flow is ruined on the right side. It looks like you kinda tried to make it so the flow is going both ways, but honestly since you made the render so small it would look better going just one way, and in the case probably to the right. Also to me it is too yellow. There is like no other colors in the tag, and that kind of makes it boring to look at...no one just wants to look at a bunch of yellow.

The effects in the tag are not the best, but they are definitely not done badly. I like them on the right, except for that circle thing, which just kinda of looks out of place. I think though if there was a bit more it would look better. But since there is not there is no real depth to the tag, which is something the tag could definitely use some of. So the three main things would be too fix the lighting, adjust the flow, and increase the effects.

Merged Post:

I am done for the night...I will be back tomorrow.

nanSTA
07-20-2007, 12:11 AM
That was your 3000th post!!! Sorry just wanted to say don't take it as a spam...

Kalli
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Okie dokie..I am back for awhile!

Proximity-HazeD
07-20-2007, 01:42 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8082/testwx9.jpg

:wub:

mjsmile
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/717/cloudgp5.png
Please tell me what you think =)
I don't know but there's something wrong with the light and i can't tell !?

Kalli
07-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Proximity-HazeD -

Hmm, well I would have to say that all of your currents are actually better than this one. The first thing that I noticed when I looked at the tag was how much the text stood out. When working with text, it is actually a complex procedure. You do not just want to slap text on there, or put text you think looks good alone. You have to coordinate it with the tag itself. In this case, the white text would work, however the text is too large and a bad font imo to fit in with the rest of the tag.

The next thing that continues to bug me in the tag is the render. The render looks distorted, as if it were smushed together from the sides. If it is then you might want to fix that, if it is not, you need fix the effects around it. The effects around it with the flow and angle they are going at might be able to give the appearance of a distorted render. The effects themeselves around the render are not that bad, but there is not enough going on in the surrounding area. The effects though around the render are a bit too heavy, meaning there is a bit too much, especially on the right side. You might want to even try to balance out the left side and the right and maybe not have so much over the render.

However, the effects dealing with flow and depth are neither good. You can tell that you tried to put flow into this tag, yet I am just not feeling it. I would classify this as forced flow, meaning you put everything in one direction but not in a good way. You may want to dampen those effects and add more in the same direction or even tilt the effects a bit to one side. Next is the depth in the tag. Unfortunately there is no depth in this tag at all. Since you have such minimal effects, especially on the sides, it makes the tag look flat. This can be fixed by simply adding blurred effects in the background with some sharper effects in the foreground.

Merged Post:

x88smile88x -

I would have to say, yes there is something wrong with the lighting. However, that is not the biggest issue in this tag. The biggest issue I would say is what I call a double-vision tag. I am looking at it and I feel as though I need glasses. If you look at the render it seems to be kinda blurred and you can see an outline of the render to the right of it. This I would say is the first thing you need to fix. You have a double render in there and it is not looking so great, it makes your eyes try to focus to much.

Next I will go ahead and go into lighting since it seems that was your main worry. The lighting is not horrible, but it is coming from the wrong direction and might be a little too strong. Your light source shouldc ome from primarily one place, and in this tag it seems to come almost from all the way around the sword. However, if you look at the render the lighting is coming from above the render, and you have it slightly off set to the left. Also get rid of the light source you have under the sword, that should not be there at all. So I would suggest playing around with lighting. Just make sure always to look at the render because you can get a good feel of placement and strength from the render.

The last two things would be your text and you effects. The text itself seems to not fit in at all. It kinda of has that techish feel to it, yet this is far from being a tech tag. That clipping mask bar under the text as well with the lines around in are out of place. You may want to just try a simple font in this tag. The effects are not the worse, but they are decently messy. This is not a good thing as it creates no flow within the tag. You want to try to get your effects so they may angle or flow in one direction for this give the tag a more appealing look. Also, with the lighting and effects you have chose there is no depth in the tag. Within the background I would suggest having some more darker spots too give the background some depth. Even a little depth can always help a tag.

Th3DarkCloud
07-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Here's after I followed some of your C&C. I did this last night at 3:00 a.m., so I couldn't even remember how to do effects then. I just did some slight ones on the sprite, but not much.

However, I did try working on the light transition by darkening the bottom more and brightening a bit around the middle.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/Th3DarkCloud/IchigoSpriteTagCandC.png

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/Th3DarkCloud/IchigoSpriteTagCandC2.png

I know you said to stick to simple fonts, but I just felt this one looked best with the tag. Oh, and I only use default fonts... it's just Vista has so many to choose from. o_0

Oh, and thanks a lot for the C&C. I really appreciate it.

Vandalis
07-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Hmm, I like this kinda thread.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/walker_gfx/ded2.png

Thanks.

Hulka
07-20-2007, 02:37 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5903/monsterzn7.png

Was gonna post last night but decided to sleep.

Kalli
07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Th3DarkCloud -

I like that one a lot better. However the text could still use some improvement. The simpler font looks better, but maybe not do a clipping mask over it and even more subtle. The effects and colors I like a lot more. However, the lighting transition is still going dark too fast.

Merged Post:

Intricate -

Very nice tag, however there is one small thing that I think if were fixed would make the tag so much better. That would be the amount of blur. You have so much blur in the tag, yet it almost seems as the only thing that is sharper is the render. I think that if you were to get some more effects around the render and had them a bit sharper it would look very nice. The blur looks good because it adds the depth, however the blur right next to the render is looking a little odd. I am not sure if part of the render got blurred or vise versa but something is odd there. But I think it would get fixed and look better if there were a few more sharper effects up front.

Next is it seems that all the effects you do have up front are all on the left. I don't think that it looks bad this way, but I think if maybe a few effects crept over to the right it might look nice. Not a lot, just a small amount, maybe even just kinda slanting downwards from the right to the left. It just seems a bit crowded on the left, which might also be the cause of the small canvas size. The lighting is pretty decent but there are a few problems. You have the direction of the lighting pretty much perfect. However behind the render on the left you have a light source which seems kinda odd. Also the light source coming from the right is in the back....so I am not sure how that would get light in front of him. Maybe using the dodge and burn tool and adding a small light source up front on the right might look nice.

The last two things are the text and the colors. The colors are pretty nice, but to me, maybe it is just my monitor or something, but it looks like there are some blue dots or purple dots or something in the background. Those should not be there, especially since none of the rest of the tag has those colors. They kinda just don't seem to belong there. Then last is the text. The text is nice because it is subtle and it blends in. However, after I actually looked at the text and saw it, the font choice seems to be a bit off from the rest of the tag. Meaning that it does not fit too well imo. However, it is is so blended in, it is a very small thing..nothing to even worry about.

Merged Post:

Hulka -

Yea I was wondering where you went. I had this open for a bit longer just waiting for you to come post. Anyways, now let's get to your new tag. I am actually not liking this tag at all. I think the two main reasons are the text and that stupid render. It is either the render or the effects you have over the render. Either way it looks of VERY bad quality. It looks as though it is fogged over and needs more contrast to it. There are also a few spots that almost look boxy. So I am not sure what happened with that, if it is just rhe render, the effects over it, or even just the attempted render blending. That though just ruins the overall tag.

The next two things that I am not liking at all are the text and the border. I hate borders so that is no surprise at all, but these borders are the worst. These borders just need to be like banned from all tags, they do not look good at all. Then for the text. The font does not fit this type of tag. You have that large pixelated text, however, this is not that type of tag. This is closer to a grungy smudge tag. So in this type of tag, I personally think that the simplest text is always the best, not some fancy or weird font.

Then we get to lighting and effects. The lighting in the tag just seems to be random. It does not seem to just be coming from one direction. There are also, at least it seems, like 4 or 5 light sources. The most you should usually have in a tag is 2 light sources, and one of them should be much less brighter than the other. So I would suggest working on that, getting maybe just one light source in there, and getting what direction it should come from by looking at the render. Lastly are the effects on the tag. The effects, along with the colors of them, just seem to be random. You have some dark spots and the some light spots, but they are just in random places. Then on the right you have like some flat spots...meaning it looks like there are almost no effects in that spot at all. You need to get some flow and some depth with your effects. Flow meaning it is going kinda of in one direction or multiple directions, but it flows well with the render and rest of the tag. Then also you need to get some depth into the tag by either getting some dark and light spots with visible effects, or getting some blurred and sharpened spots.

Hulka
07-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah I need some work :/

tester101
07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/tester101/jimmypage.jpg

Think i did this a year a go. I <3 it just for the pure significance of who it is, and how well it portrays him.

Kalli
07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Tester101 -

Haha I do not even know who Jimmy Page is...haha. Anyways as for the tag, it is way too monotone. If you do not know what monotone means, it means that there is not enough color in the tag. It looks like you just took one color and said this is the tag's color. You never want to do that. You always want to have a color variation in your tag, or at least lots of different shades of one color. So that is the big thing on this tag that it is too monotone.

The next couple things are the text and the effects. I will first start off with the text. The font in this tag is not bad, but the placement, size, and color is not the best. The Jimmy Page text imo is just too big and would maybe even look better in a different position. Also it looks like you have effects within the tag, that is not always the best, and here it might look better solid. Also it looks like you have drop shadow on the text, dont do that, haha. Also it looks like you have small text on the side going up and down, just get rid of that text. Then for your effects. You do have flow in the tag, which is something a lot of new tag makers never really get in their tags. Yet you are still missing depth. Your overall tag seems a bit foggy like, which is not good. You need some more contrast in the colors of the tag. Since you have that foggy look, everything is just faded and the effects do not have their full potential.

The last two things are the render and the lighting. The render itself is not too badly blended. However, you have more than enough effects going over the render. Since you have it so blended in, it was not necessary to have all those effects on the render. Especially the ones over the middle of the render and over his hands, those just do not look good at all and would be better if removed. Then the lighting in the is not bad except for one problem. The lighting is pretty good, a little strong, but nothing to really worry about unless you put more contrast into the tag. However you have the lighting coming from the bottom left, yet the lighting on the render is coming from the top right.

tester101
07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks, advice taken.

Can i post another?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Page

Kalli
07-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Tester101 -

Sorry m8. I limit each person to only one tag a day in here.

tester101
07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
lol? So post it tomorrow?

Kalli
07-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Tester101 -

Yes, you are welcome to post another tag tomorrow.

Kalli
07-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I Shall Bump This Once Tonight.

McLovin
07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
lol, wth .

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/nowaii/Sigs/pressure.png

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/nowaii/Sigs/pressure2.png

Kalli
07-20-2007, 10:21 PM
LessThanThree -

Sorry, I thought I looked in here. I did not see anyone post. My fault. Ok anyway, now for the CnC on the tag. First off, it is a pretty good tag, I actually like the idea of it. However, the first thing I noticed when I was looking at it, was the flow of the tag. The flow seems to be a bit off. In the back of the tag you have the flow going one way but in the front you have the flow going the opposite direction. I think in the front, if you maybe had the fog type line thing going the other way, in the direction of the background, that it would make it look better.

The other thing are the effects. The effects just seem a bit too minimal in this tag. I think it would look better if maybe there was a tad bit more going on in the tag. I mean I see the effects, but I can just picture in my head it looking a tad better with a few more in there. Also the kinda of cloudy effect on the right just looks odd. I am not sure what layer type opacity or what not you have it on, but it just looks weird. The lighting is decent but it is bugging me with that dark spot in the right corner bottom and the top right. Also I am not really seeing an actual light source, which might also help with the tag.

One other thing is to the right of the render it looks like a bubble circular effect is right there. That to me is just looking completely out of place. It just does not seem to belong there. I like how it has the effects near the bottom of the render, which I think would look good if there were more in that area, but that one just looks out of place to me. Then lastly is the colors of the tag. I don't know honestly about this because I am colorblind, but I still do see colors. The colors in this just looks kinda weird and are not appealing...but that might just be to me.

Kalli
07-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I Will Do Two More Tonight.

AG Birdman
07-21-2007, 12:55 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/Birdman12078/spritecopy-7.png

This was a smart idea :)

Kalli
07-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Birdman -

Thank you, however I am not the first to do this. I am just the only one who will keep it going. Until someone else starts another thread like this as well. Anyways, now I shall CnC your tag haha. The first two things I noticed in this that I did not care for too much was the border and the text. I simply hate borders but in this case, even putting my hate aside, I think the tag would look better with no border at all. Then the text looks like it is in there just to be in there. It does not really fit well with the tag and the whole subtle look is not working either. I think in this tag, no text at all would look the best, but I am sure there is some text you might be able to pull off in the tag.

I like how you tried to get the depth into your tag by having the blurred background with the sharper, smaller effects up front. However, the blurred background, I think the light spots and effects are a bit too large back there. All your effects up front are small yet all large in the back. Maybe even just adding some small blurred effects back there would look nice. The right side does seem a bit empty too, especially since the left has such a large explosion type effect.

I the lighting in this tag also might be a bit too strong. I know that was the look you were going for, but I think it might have been a bit overdone. Also the light going down I think transitions oddly because it looks totally different from the other sides of the explosion. I also think the effects in the explosion are nice, but I think they would look better if more were going in one direction. Like more effects are going to the left and just a bit more subtle effects going around the rest because I get the feel of him punching to the right center and not just plain center.

AG Birdman
07-21-2007, 02:16 AM
better?
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/Birdman12078/spritecopy2-2.png

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/Birdman12078/spritecopy-8.png

nanSTA
07-21-2007, 02:26 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/nansta126/gir.png

Kalli
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Good Morning everyone!

demonflair
07-21-2007, 11:28 AM
What do you think about this one:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/demonflair_2007/Samurai-X-Sig-2.png

Kalli
07-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Demonflair -

I am actually not really liking this tag at all. The render itself you have used is either of very bad quality or it is a bad cut. Either way, that is not making the tag look any better. Then the other thing that I noticed was the text. You have just white text with a drop shadow in the upper right corner. You have to be careful with text, its not just text, its an art. In this case, the color, the font, and the placement are all not good for the tag. The placement is just odd, especially with that much text. Then also the white with a drop shadow just never looks good in a tag, not that I have seen yet at least. Also the font you used is nice and simple, but combined with the other flaws it ruins it.

That lighting dot on the right is so totally random in the tag I am not even sure why you put that there. That color is not all that attractive, does not match any of the rest of the tag, and it not even a light source for the tag. So I think that just needs to go or you need to do more with that....just just put a soft brush spot in the tag. Also that light on his sword is so much better quality than that of the render, it just looks odd. However that is a decent light source for the tag. The depth is pretty good in the tag, mainly because of blur and its a background scene, but there are no frontal effects. You need some effects up front with the render. Also, get rid of that border.

The main thing though that has ruined the tag though is that render. The render, or the cut of the render, is such bad quality that it drops the tag a lot in quality.

demonflair
07-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Damm.. what a critic :D

This will surely help many people, if you continue to comment like this.

Thanks

Kalli
07-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I plan to keep this open as long as people come in and post tags.

I am leaving for awhile...I will be back later today.

Kalli
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok I am back...at least for the afternoon.

Kalli
07-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Ok, I am back again haha

Hulka
07-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Was excited to have you see this one. I thought it turned out well. At least I thought I did the text better and got rid of multiple light sources. And guess what... NO BORDER!

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6140/elfib8.png

P.S. Almost done uploading your packs to my site.

Hulka
07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Heres another version of it..

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60308930/

Kalli
07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Hulka -

Sorry, I got caught up with something and forgot I had this open. My apologies. I am actually not really liking this tag at all. There are just too many aspects in it that to me are not the best use of effects, as well as them not mixing together well. I would have to say I would go with the version that you posted on DA (please make sure I do not have to go to link in the future). The main reason I prefer that one is the color to me seems a bit better. In the first tag the colors just seem randomly put in there. Almost as if you finished the tag and then decided you want either more colors or just different colors in it.

However, in my opinion I think the two main things that need to be fixed in this tag would have to be the scan lines and the text. The scan lines you just need to get rid of. A few, small areas of scan lines are not always bad, however, in this case, it is throughout the whole tag and does not look attractive at all. There is just too much over it and it gives the tag a not as vibrant feel as well. Then also the text is not the best in this either. The font is simple and I like that, I actually think is fits well with the render. However, the font color and the position is just odd. Maybe try just a solid color or a clipping mask for the text color/overlay. Also though, the position is not in the best. I know text is hard, but you will eventually get the hang of it.

The last two things are the effects and the duplicated render. To me the duplicated, faded render on the left just looks out of place. Maybe a bar with a duplicated part of the tag might look nice, but the duplicated faded render just looks out of place. Also the effects seem very minimal in this tag. I think that there needs to be more in it. Without the effects there is no flow or depth in the tag. Those are the two main things that a tag needs. Flow just having it go in one or maybe two direction. Then depth you can do by either blur and sharpen between the effects or you can also do some using the dodge and burn tool.

Kalli
07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Last Bump For The Night.

Hulka
07-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks, do you think you could talk me thru a psd of yours sometime on msn to help me? PM Me, if you can.

Kalli
07-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Yea I might be able to help you do that. I am moving tomorrow but as soon as I get back I can.

I am going to go ahead and close this thread until I get back..sorry everyone.

Kalli
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok guys...I am finally back.

dinges
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
kewl, critique my current plz

JL Rubidox
07-31-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.filecram.com/files/daftpunk.png

Thanks. ;)

rutiene
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Not completely finished, so suggestions and harsh critique welcome x]

Also my first sig in 3 years. <_>

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5158/finalnj7.jpg

Kalli
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Dinges -

This is a very interesting tag and quite unique. I do personally quite like it, well to an extent. Although it may be unique, it still does have quite a few flaws when you deeply look into it as a tag in itself. Ok, so lets go ahead and go into detail with this tag.

First off that I am not looking too well would have to be the left side. I know that is either the effects on the tag or possibly just the render itself, but it looks dirty. It kinda looks like they are dust specs on a lens for a camera or something. You know, like it doesn't really look all that clean and smooth. Then the next thing that really does bug me a lot is that border. I guess it kinda of works with the tag, but it looks there more just to have a white background instead of the background on GR. SO in my own opinion I think it could either be removed or done something different with it. Kinda just looks like a Thick 1px border if you know what I mean.

I think you did a good job on most of the text and I actually like it. The only thing is when it actually comes to your name. You did a good job on the backwards text and I like the clipping masks you have on them. However, your name looks like you just added it in there to have your name. It kinda looks out of place to the feel of the rest of the tag, and even having it forwards kinda throws me off a bit on it. Next would be the color. The color is not bad, but it just seems a tad bit bland to me. I mean it is nothing major, but I think maybe some more darks or something in there would look better.

Then next I would have to say a small thing about the lighting. The light source on the right looks good, but it just stays too light on the left in my opinion. I mean I see on the render another light source over there, but on the tag I do not. I think maybe a small one added over there with some good use of the dodge and burn tool would look nice. I just mainly would like to see some darker areas in this tag. Also the detail of the effects seem minimal mainly due to the fact it is such a bright tag. So maybe even adding some more effects, but keeping it minimal, that were a bit more visible would look nice.

LL COOL JEW
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/KavoneGallery/alchemist-1.png
please and thank you.
and +rep for all your other crits

Birakon
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Birakon/halo3.jpg

CnC away buddy :D

Kalli
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Rubidox -

Pretty interesting tag you have there. Kinda makes me think of a retro type feeling tag. I actually like the overall feel to the tag, but unfortunately with every tag there is always room for improvement. So let us get to that part.

I think the first and foremost thing that I am not liking all that much would have to be the text in this tag. I mean it is not bad text, but I think there could be some better suited text for the tag. Like the font is nice and the colors are almost perfect, but it is the feel of the text unfortunately. The whole tag itself is kinda not so much rough, but not smooth in that aspect. Then with the text being so smooth it just looks a bit too out of place I guess. Still nice text, however.

The depth is definitely nice in this tag, which is good too see because a lot of time with tags like this the depth always looks too forced. In this case it fits just pefectly to me. The effects are nice, I mean it looks like they are all stock images almost. However, there is one spot I am not too keen on. I do like those yellowish lines, and I think the ones on the right are great, but the left I don't like as much. Mainly for two reasons. I see it almost like it should be either more slanted left or more even over the render, I can not quite place it though. Also the top of it I think would look better if it did not look so displaced.

I think the last two things I can really say anything about in this tag would have to be the border and the lighting. The border, well I personally do not like but I would not say is bad. But the color I am just not too keen on either. Then the lighting is actually not bad at all. It seems as though it was placed and set well so that it looks like it fits in with the render. However, the left is what is bothering me. You have a lot of light over there. I think that this could be fixed easily though. The whole tag is pretty light in general, some more darker spots in this tag might even look good. Just make sure that is does not get overdone ever.

Merged Post:

Rutiene -

Pretty interesting concept you have started there. The only thing, however, is you want me to harshly critique this, yet as I see all you have done is added text to a stock and then messed with the lighting. If this is not true, please speak up and I will edit that statement. Anyways, for the critiquing now.

I definitely do think that this is a good idea, however there are still parts of it to be improved even as it is not finished yet. The two things I can really say would have to be the lighting and the color. I think the color of the lime is pretty decent but I would like to see better color on the left and such. I think it is kinda of basically ugly. However I think it is due to the fact that the lighting is not the best. You have the concept of the light coming from the light, however, the light is not the best. I think if either more light was being given off....not meaning brighter, but more distance....or that there was more darker areas the colors could look better. Maybe even try to saturate it up a tad bit.

rutiene
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Yea, it does look like that D: I would give you my PSD but errr, yea. Not sure how... My main issue with it is that I like the background of the splash, but I'm not sure how to make the actual splash stand out, but not take the focus off of the "source of light". I'm definitely a newbie so I'm really at a loss of how to fix it. x.x;

Kalli
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
LL COOL JEW -

I think this is a pretty nice tag actually. I would say it is a lot better than you current. I think there are definitely some nice stuff in the tag that are better than a lot I have been seeing lately. However, there are always those flaws that everyone just loves so much!

I think you did a pretty decent job with working with depth. However, I think that you may have over-blurred the background just a tad bit. Blurring is always a good way to make some depth, but you have to make sure to not overdo the blurring because that can overall just make it look not as good. Also the effects in the front are nice because they have that sharp feel, but there are a few spots where I think that they are over-sharpened. Next would be the render itself. The render looks to be just a bad cut. You can in areas see the outline of the render's background and that just detracts right there. Maybe try cleaning it up a bit or having someone do that for you.

Next would have to be the lighting. I think that you did a decent job with the lighting in the back but in the front it seems too strong. Now first, you have like three light sources, and from what I see with the render, there should only be one and in this case it should be on the left. You have the largest source over there but I think it is too large. Maybe try not getting the center of the soft brush in there and having that go off too the bottom or something. Also the background looks like it should be oppsosite because of the lighting back there. I like that lighting, it is just in the wrong place. Also get rid of the smaller light source in the front of the tag.

Last two things are the text and the render blending. I think the text is not bad, but I am just no too keen on it. I think mainly because of the size and the font that you have chose. Maybe try some different fonts and maybe even different placement areas. Then the render blending. I think it was done decently well, however I think the blur is odd. The render is suppose to be up front, however you have some of it blurred. Maybe try having the whole render in focus.

Merged Post:

Rutiene -

Maybe next time I am on when you are and I have time I can try to help you over MSN. So PM me next time you see me on.

LL COOL JEW
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
thank you very much i felt the same on many of those things.

Kalli
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Birakon -

I can say probably only really one good thing about this tag sadly, and that is that you got the light source in the right direction. I hate when I come around like this and I look like I am being mean. But hey, you asked for my critiquing...haha.

The first thing is the light source. Yes, you do have it in the right place and the light is going in the correct direction. However, the light source is way too overpowering. I think that you either need to move it out of the tag so you don't see the actual light source, just the light coming from it, or maybe tone it down quite a bit. I know that the light on the render is strong, but you do not need to compensate for that with a strong light source. By doing that it detracts from the tag. Next would be the text. I think that the font choice is pretty nice, but the setup of the text and the placement would not be the best. Mainly because the on top of the other type text takes too much space and also that location of the text is not the best either.

I think the last two main things are the depth and the effects. There is a tad bit depth there, however, it is not too great. I think maybe if the background was just even a tad bit darker that it would make some better depth, and maybe a tad bit more blurring. But the overall tag is so light, that darker spots in the tag would not look to bad even if it was not done for depth. Then lastly are the effects. The effects you have in here are definitely trying to create some flow and was somewhat successful. However, they may create flow but the do not create appeal. The effects just look dirty. They look like they are almost crap on the camera lens type thing. They just basically look messy and I think if they were smoother they might even look better.

Merged Post:

No problem m8. Okay guys, I am getting off for awhile. I should be on later tonight.

JL Rubidox
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Thank you Kalli. +Rep for your kindness. ;)

Kalli
08-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Yea..I am on.

Chilled
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
As your cnc is so good :wub:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Chilled-/kayne1-2png.png

Kalli
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Chilled -

It Sucks! Haha just messing. I actually kinda like this one. Probably not one of my favorites of yours, but it is still a tag I would that lives up to your standards of tag making haha! Anyways....

The first thing that I think I noticed that seemed a bit off when I looked at the tag would have had to been the lighting. I would have to say that you nailed almost perfectly the back lighting. I mean I think it transitions a bit fast, but other than that it does look quite good. The brightness and position is just perfect. However, it is the lighting on the render in contrast with that, that bugs me. The lighting on the render seems to be coming from above the render and it seems to be of a white. So I think that because you have no frontal light source, it seems to throw the tag off a little bit in that aspect. However, also on the left top it seems like there is an attempted light source over there that kinda of looks out of place. I am not sure if that is intentional at all, but it just does not fit in with the tag in my opinion.

The next thing I was really looking at were the effects of the tag. The effects seem a tad overdone in this tag. I mean the larger effects look nice and the way flow of the effects are good, it just seems there might be a tad too many. All of those speckles just seem to overpower the tag a tad bit. I mean I like the look of them, just in a few places they could use a bit of toning down. Also that bubble effect or what not on his left shoulder looks weird. When I first looked at it, it was like what is wrong with his shoulder? So I mean that does fit but it doesn't at the same time, so it is probably nothing to really worry about though.

Now the depth in part of this tag is well done, but in others seems lacking there of. Like with that left top light, there seems to be no depth right there, and it just looks kinda of odd. I actually think that would be so much better if that lighter area was just removed or darkened more. Next is the right side which does have some depth. I just think that maybe if there were some more lighter and darker areas over there that it might create a bit more depth there and actually improve the tag some more. The render blending in the tag is pretty much just perfect, so that was a good aspect I very much liked about this tag. The last thing though is the text. When I look at the text with the overall tag it does not look great but it does not look bad or bother me at all. But when I just focus on the text it kinda of looks out of place. So the text is not bad...but neither good in my opinion. I would kinda of just say it is just text that sits there.

squiffystriker
08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Just wondering ^_^

Original
http://www.gd-sc.nl/users/295/Captain_America_4.png

V2
http://www.gd-sc.nl/users/295/Captain_America_copy.png

Aurora v.2
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
this tag is for a sig of the week for another website and the theme really is not my thing: looney toons, so I'm not so secure about the sig

v.1: (1px black border)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/-XIII-/coyotecopy.jpg

v.2: (no border)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/-XIII-/coyotev2copy.jpg

also, I'm having trouble deciding on a good border. I need to make it better, and it seems as though you give good advice :) Thanks

Chilled
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks alot, helped.

The top left isnt lighting, i dont actually know what it is but it does need darkening :P

Lighting was difficult as I didnt want to put a light source above the render as I thought it would throw it off.

Strange that most comments for the sig on other forums was that the render needs to be blended better :S

Bit lost as what to do with text but I wanted to put some in there so I just kept it simple.

Thanks for the cnc though :D

Already repped you in that last 45 days :tongue:

:wub:

Kalli
08-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Squiffystriker -

Well I would definitely say that I am liking aspects of both. However, I think with a few adjustments I would say that I would prefer version 1 out of both versions. Mainly due to the fact of the color of the tag.

I think that the first thing that I started looking at when I first looked at the tag were the effects. The effects in fact do look pretty nice in this tag and they were portrayed well, except for a few spots. I went ahead and showed you here -

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Necro_Designs/Errors.png

These are the two spots that really stood out to me as were not mixing well with the overall tag. The spot on the left is not the worst but compared to the effects around it and the -------flow of the tag, the waviness kind of throws off the flow at that area of the tag and looks odd in my opinion. Then the right side, that area just creates a messy chaotic look over there. I think it would look much niced if you had just some simpler flow over there. That area also looks to be a tad sharp and could use some toning down.

Next thing would have to be the lighting in the tag. The lighting is done pretty well, but I even though I prefer version 1 I think the lighting in version 2 is better. There seems to be some more light and dark contrast going on in the second. I think if you added those darker areas into the first version it might look better. Also to me there is no distinct light source. You can not really tell if the light is coming from above or below, so maybe try to distinguish it a bit more. The depth in the tag is pretty well done and I can not really complain about that at all. The last thing, however, is the text. At least I think it is suppose to be text, correct me if I am wrong. The text/effect that is one the left side near the bottom. It is white and kinda of just looks weird. To me, I think with it being so light, it just does not belong over there and looks quite out of place.

Irrelevant
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Irrel/NewIrrelevant1.png

all from scratch, 981 layers.

Kalli
08-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Aurora v.2 -

Don't worry...I usually almost always hate using any renders like Anime and such. Looney Toons though I think would almost take the top there to my hating of usage. Anyways, I will go ahead and first address your worry of the border.

I would say do NOT go with the 1px border. Actually what I should say is, NEVER use a 1px border. I use to use those as did most everyone. But as you get more into graphics and such you realize and understand that using a 1px border is like making a tag with no appeal at all. It just does not look good. I actually took your tag into photoshop myself and was playing around with borders and came to a conclusion. This tag looks best without any border at all. So I would say unless you absolutely need a border, leave the tag with no border.

Next thing that was bugging me is your text. The text does not fit into the tag at all. The font, the size, the color, the position, none of it. Also I think that you have too much text. I know you are probably required to have your name on your tag, but I would suggest that be the only text you have on the tag. Since the tag is pretty unique and has a strange feel to it, you might almost be better of using some strange font or such. Or going so simple, but that might be really hard to coordinate with the tag. Also the other thing that is bugging me is the quality difference. The render itself is not the best quality, but the background is just horrible quality. It looks like you took a render and slapped it one the first desert scene you found. So yea, the background I hate to say, is very un-appealing. It looks of just such bad quality that it looks as a bad tag.

Also the other problem with the background and the effects is there is no flow, depth, and not even a light source. All tags need a good light source accompanied by some depth. Every now and again you can really get a tag with almost no flow that will look nice, but I have not seen to many like that. But with this tag, it just looks very simple and seems as though you did not put a lot of effort into it. So I would suggest maybe even just restarting with this tag, with the same idea, but work with it some more.

MudDesignz
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
well as i see you give damn good CnC's i want you to cnc this :P

http://m1.freeshare.us/163fs983179.png

cuz i stil haven't god anycomments on it i hope you would give one :)

Aurora v.2
08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the CnC.

The site requires its name to be on the sig as well as my name, that's why that's all there, it's stupid, I know.

The background is an actual background from Coyote and Roadrunner, because I wasn't sure just brushing or smudging and such would work with the render, but I do see your point.

I'll work on it then.

Kalli
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Irrelevant -

Well your name kinda of pretty much says it all for the layer comment. I personally hate it when people say that this has so many layers, it was all defaults, no c4ds, the best techniques, etc etc. I hate it basically because that does not matter, what matters is the result and only the result. With this tag, yes it is pretty cool but I know a few people who could make something like that in probably no more than 300 layers. Anyways I will go ahead and critique it.

I think I would have to honestly say that the only part of this tag I can really say I like is the very center. The glowing orb/planet/ball or whatever it is really does look kinda cool. It looks like a planet is being formed or something like that. The same effects look to be used in some way on the right, but they seem faded out and do not produce that nice look as in the center. The effects above and below the center orb just seem kinda messy. I think they would look better there if they were just a bit more simple and not so much overlapping and going everywhere.

The left side of the tag looks kinda of boring in my opinion. The center you have the orb, the right it kinda of looks like a window type thing, but on the right you have just a panel type area. I think there needs to be something going on over there. Also those wavy lines/wires on the left look out of place to me. Everything else seems to be straight and then you have those, they just look weird. Also the text I think could be a lot better. The choice of font just to me is not all that appealing either.

So all in all, I do give you props for making this from scratch. However, there is not much to say than it is just another tech sig. I am not a fan of these either because they all look the same pretty much. So again, nice job doing it from scratch, but there are still those areas that could always use improvement.

Merged Post:

MudDesignz -

Hmm I am not really all that sure on this tag. I can not really tell if it is me or if the tag itself really is over-contrasted. Either way it does not look all that appealing to me in that area. Also the lighting to me seems to be just a bit off.

I think that you nailed the lighting in the back although the transition from light to dark seems to be a bit too sudden. Though that light in the front just kinda seems as though it was randomly put in there. It does not really fit in my opinion and I think that you could take the light source out and that it would look a lot better. I do like how you were working with the blur on the depth, but you might have just overdone it a tad bit. Blur is always good with depth, but in some cases it can be over-blurred and that does not always look the best. So maybe sharpen it up just a tad, but to the point where it is still blurred.

The effects you have used in the tag seem to be pretty good, but there are just a minimal amount. I think if there were some more disinguished effects, especially on the left and right areas where it seems to be a bit dull, that it might look better. Also those effects in the front seem a bit odd, just like random. There is no flow in the front, but there is flow in the back. But I think the effects in the front need to be sharpened and not blurred, that just kinda throws off the depth. Also in the future you might want to try to make it so the render itself does not take up so much space of the tag.

MudDesignz
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
thnx for the comment :)

size was on purpose :P and the effects arren't random :P and yeah i agree on some parts but i got lazy xD

Doctor
08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
This is currently a WIP, and I can't figure out what to add/change.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4494/alba2vh3.png

Thanks in advance

Irrelevant
08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Kalli@Aug 2 2007, 07:22 AM
Irrelevant -

Well your name kinda of pretty much says it all for the layer comment.* I personally hate it when people say that this has so many layers, it was all defaults, no c4ds, the best techniques, etc etc.* I hate it basically because that does not matter, what matters is the result and only the result.* With this tag, yes it is pretty cool but I know a few people who could make something like that in probably no more than 300 layers.* Anyways I will go ahead and critique it.

I think I would have to honestly say that the only part of this tag I can really say I like is the very center.* The glowing orb/planet/ball or whatever it is really does look kinda cool.* It looks like a planet is being formed or something like that.* The same effects look to be used in some way on the right, but they seem faded out and do not produce that nice look as in the center.* The effects above and below the center orb just seem kinda messy.* I think they would look better there if they were just a bit more simple and not so much overlapping and going everywhere.

The left side of the tag looks kinda of boring in my opinion.* The center you have the orb, the right it kinda of looks like a window type thing, but on the right you have just a panel type area.* I think there needs to be something going on over there.* Also those wavy lines/wires on the left look out of place to me.* Everything else seems to be straight and then you have those, they just look weird.* Also the text I think could be a lot better.* The choice of font just to me is not all that appealing either.

So all in all, I do give you props for making this from scratch.* However, there is not much to say than it is just another tech sig.* I am not a fan of these either because they all look the same pretty much.* So again, nice job doing it from scratch, but there are still those areas that could always use improvement.

Merged Post:

thanks bro- for the cnc. I was kinda looking for some suggestions from you along with the cnc =p lol, but just cnc is fine.

as for the layers and saying how much of it i made- im just tired of people (those who dont know me) asking me or telling me if/that the sig looks like a render with text slapped on it. Not this sig in particular or this style- but my others which i do use renders in but mostly make the rest myself. Its quite annoying, i can show you in a PM what i mean.

in anycase thanks :D

Kalli
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok I think I can do a few more.

`sparks
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Kallitechnis :o

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/spaghetti1856/whattehhellcopy.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/spaghetti1856/mcr2.jpg

Please and thank you ^_^

Generation
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
All made except render.
looking forward to nice cnc :)
thx

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/GenerationGX/IRONMAN2.jpg

AG Birdman
08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/Birdman12078/shieldcopy.png

~ Art ;
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Made this one a long time ago. Forgot to post it though.

I like this style, But please tell me how to improve it :)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8413/gasorgirlfacefinaleo7.jpg

JL Rubidox
08-03-2007, 08:12 AM
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/5596/abstractmy1.png

My newest, made with 100% defaults in Gimp. ;)

Kalli
08-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry to everyone who posted above. I thought I had switched my status to offline. If you would still like me to CnC any of the tags you posted please let me know and I will do so.

Anyways, start posting away again!

shifty
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/278566/OptimusPrimeV2-7.jpg

Newest..

Onime no Kyo
08-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Not sure if you're actually online or not, but...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/chiminee/xemnascopy.png

Kalli
08-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Sorry guys my internet is bugging out on me...I will have to critique those tomorrow...sorry!

Kalli
08-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Generation -

For anyone who is wondering why I am going back it is because I told him I would through PM. Sorry Gen that it has taken me so long, I have just started college so its been frustrating but now I am on for awhile. Anyways, getting to your tag now.

I think I simply love the whole concept about this tag. I love tags that more depict a picture rather than just some c4d's and effects. I think mainly because I like photography. Anyway, I think that you portrayed this very well. However there are still a few flaws to the tag that I think could very much be improved. First thing that I was looking at was the lighting. You have a good light source in the back which kinda of works for his upper body, but not his legs. If you look on his legs there is a very bright light source on them that is clearly not coming from behind him. So maybe just add a second light source, or just re-adjust the current lighting.

Next I would have to talk about the effects. I like how the sky and the buildings are not real. That just adds so much to the tag in my own opinion. However, it looks like there are lights or something on the buildings. They might have a good amount of small detail on them. However, I think that it might look better if they were just shaded light and dark for depth but with no effects or detail on them. Then there is the sky. I do like how you wanted darker clouds on the top. However, I do not think that it was all that well done. I think since everything is the same texture it just looks like a bad transition of lighting in my own opinion. Although, it does not look horrible.

The last two things are the text and the lines and leaves. The lines around him are not the worst but there is one really thin line that looks pixelated. I think maybe either thicken that line up and lower the opacity or maybe just get rid of it all together. The leaves were a good touch there are just a few leaves that are in there that could be removed. Mainly the ones not right around his body in my opinion. Then for the text. I think you need to get rid of that X because this is the Silver Surfer, not X-Men and that is what it reminds me of when I look at it. Also the circle and the leaves just look weird. I think with some better text it would look nice. I like the position but a different type of that font might look good.

Merged Post:

Shifty -

I am also going back again because my internet was being weird so I am going back and doing the last two as well. So please do not take this as I have changed my rules because I have not done so. Anyways, I am not sure if you are gonna come back and look at this shifty, but if you do I hope this will help.

Unfortunately, I am truly gonna have to say I can not really find one good thing that I can actually compliment on. There is a lot to be fixed and even done more of in this tag. I will try to go over it the best I can without dragging on for too long. The first thing that I noticed when I looked at this tag was the text. First of all, you have text in two different sections. Never do that. I have not once in my entire graphics life seen a tag that looked good having text in two different places on the tag. The font as well is not good font. For this type of tag I would suggest maybe just using some default text or some simple font that you have. Also the multicolored part of the text does not fit with the tag, and to me the color just was not the best to pick. Next, is that glow line with the light dots around it. This to me has no place in this tag. It looks like it was just slapped on there because you thought the effect itself looked good, or you wanted something more to the tag. I would actually say remove it all together. Oh yea, also get rid of that border, it looks bad.

Next is the lighting and the effects. The lighting in this tag is not the worst, but it is also not that hott either. The lighting transition to the sides of the tag is just WAY too quick. You need to make the transition from light to dark in a gentle way or even a fast way....fast is pretty hard to do though. But here it just goes from light to dark way to fast on the sides. Your lighting position though was placed pretty much in the ideal spot looking at the render. The effects just seem to minimal to me as well. It looks as though the background is decent and you tried to give it some depth by blurring. A tip for you, when you blur the background the foreground needs to have some sharper effects along with the render being more sharp then you have it right now. Anyways, there is attempted depth here, but not really the best. Also there is no real flow to the tag that I can tell. So maybe try adding some c4ds effects in the front or even try the displace filter or clipping masks.

Merged Post:

Onime no Kyo -

Sorry m8. I was on at the time you had posted this tag, but for some reason my internet cutting in and out on me. I am not sure what it was, so I am sorry for the delay on the CnC for this tag. I shall go ahead and still CnC this tag and I hope you do come back to see this post.

I am definitely loving parts of this tag, but then at the same time there are quite a few spots that I feel totally ruin the tag. Which meaning overall this tag could be much better than it is now. First thing I was noticing was those dark spots. You have two spots in there that are just pitch black with nothing on them. I suggest maybe doing something with those. I am all for negative space in tags, but in this way they just look weird and out of place and give the tag an overall weird feel to it. Then the lighting is also not helping all that much. The light is suppose to be coming from in front of him and maybe kinda of to the side, but from what I can tell you have the light source behind him. That is just kinda of strange to me and I think that it could be better with a better positioned and strengthened light source.

I am simply loving the effects that you have in the background. I am not sure how you did those, maybe just added a c4d in there or used the liquify tool or something else. Anyways, those are awesome and the colors you have chosen for them to me were just almost perfect. However, the other effects you have in the tag to me have ruined them. You have the rest of the effects basically pretty messy and they ruin the flow of those. I think that the messy/foggy look would look great if it were just at the bottom of those effects. Then maybe kinda of a starry clear type look everywhere else. The main thing though is those are so smooth I think the top half of the tag would have looked better if it would have stayed smoother. The last thing are those rings around his shoulder and the effects in the back to the right of him. The rings just look weird and I think it would look better without those. Then also, the effects to the right of him just seem to be a tad bit sharp and pixelated.

thuggnangel
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Kalli!

Would you mind criting this new tag of mine:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/lil_kaykay/Photoshop%20work/superman4.jpg

btw am I allowed to put more than one tag up for crit per post?

Kalli
08-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Thuggnangel -

No sorry. It is just one tag per day that I will critique for people. It would get too overwhelming for me if I let people post more than once. This way too when I am on everyone has a fair chance to get their turn to get their tag critiqued. Anyways, to your tag.

I know you did not do this, at least I don't think. But I simply love the coloring in this tag. I know if it is the stock it was not on purpose, but I think those colors are just vibrant enough to be like totally the best I have ever seen....not really...but I love them! However, there are plenty of downsides to the tag. First off I will go ahead and go with the effects. The effects just seem too minimal to me. It just looks like splatter brush with some clipping masks. Also the duplicated render in the background is just not appealing to me at all. Usually when people do that they make it discreet or do it in a fashionable manor. Also I think the effects would look better if they were a bit more sharpened and not so blurred, especially since they are in the front of the tag. Also I am not like the duplicated bar on the right of the tag. Then also I do not like the border, but also I do not like borders in general.

I think the lighting you did pretty well. It seems as though it is in the perfect spot with the perfect color. However, with it being right over the render it looks a tad off. Like it creates a foggy look over the render which seems a little odd. Maybe try moving it up and only have the lighting be the lightest part of the soft brush....and also maybe try toning it down just a tad. I would also suggest going in there with the dodge and burn tool because that might help it a lot in areas that would look better a tad darker. Lastly is the clipping mask bar you have on the tag. Clipping mask bars can be tricky sometimes. On some tags they look good and on some they look bad because you have to position them just right. I think this one is positioned decently, but it is too long imo.

Rauk
08-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Crit Please

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1263/joliesigcopyee0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thanks,
rauk

JL Rubidox
08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61621838/

It's a LP, but I'd love critique. Thanks. ;)

`sparks
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Kalli, mine please.

Kalli
08-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Rauk -

Well I usually tend to always like b.w tags as you can see in my tag, but this one I guess you could say is a bit too simple. I mean I know if you look at the background there seems to be a bit more, but there is not a whole lot. Also the overall feel just seems to be weird and has an off look to it.

I think the first thing that is really killing it for me is the lighting and the render put together. The render itself just seems to have this huge and insanely bright light source on it coming from the left and is just insane. However, the light source you have on this is large, but it does not give me that actual feel of such a bright light source as it is portrayed on the render. Also I think the render is a bit back too far. I think if it was larger and a tad closer it might look nice. Then next is the text and the border. I think you could just completely remove that border and it would look better in my opinion. Then for the text, it looks like it was just put there to have text and your name. Take time with you text, and in this case some really simple font would probably look nice with maybe even some really small sub-text.

Then lastly would be the effects in general. The effects I think you have on the right track. The way you have it set up, you have it set up to try to create some flow. Also, if I am correct it seems as though you have blurred some of the effects as well to try to give it depth. However, the only problem with both of those is you do not have enough effects in this tag. I love negative space, but only when it is used correctly, which is not always as easy as it sounds. A lot of the effects you have here too seem to be very pixelated which is very unattractive. Also it looks like they are random. There is no real feel to the style, it looks like just some effects stuck in there to make some effects. Especially those little speckles on the left in my opinion. Maybe try adding some c4d in there and maybe liquify them to give the tag a smooth look. Also if you want some depth, either create some dark grey effects to fill in the background or get lots of blurred effects in the background with some sharper effects in the front.

Merged Post:

JL Rubidox -

I like this piece in a general feel to it. Not like the appeal of it so much as there are some flaws to me, but the overall concept feel to it. Meaning not so much the concept and not so much the feel to it, but like the feel of the concept. It is kinda of hard to explain so hopefully you understand what I am trying to say!

I am simply loving the splatter brushes and those two lines that are going up through the tag. However, the main thing I am not to keen on is the light to dark transition. There is so much empty space on the left I think it would look better possibly if the effects did not cut off so fast, that they kinda took longer to fade away. Although, I am not 100% sure on how much better if at all better that would look. I think the other thing that seems to be really bothering me is the text. I pretty much like the font, color, and location, but it is the quality that is bugging me. The outline of the text seems to be very pixelated and that is what is totally killing the text for me, and partially the overall piece as well.

The other thing while I am looking at it that I think I would probably like better too is too see more sharper areas. It seems like the majority of the tag, besides the circles, is pretty blurred. Also the blurred/sharpened areas in other aspects seem to be a bit random. I was noticing on some of the splatter parts, part was blurred and part was not. I think it would be better if it was just one way or another and not both. Also the little speckles are really just annoying me more than thinking the fit in with the piece. However, the colors of the tag I am liking. You also did a pretty decent job on the effects. They are not overdone, but they are not too minimal. It is closer to minimal than it is overdone, but not to the point where it is bad. Also that bottom border is just annoying me, along with the bar inside the piece.

Merged Post:

Jen! -

You do realize you are only allowed one tag at a time! Loser! Hehe! But since you are my coolios buddio I shall go ahead and do both for you! But just this one time!

Ok I will start with the first tag. You know that this first one I just simply LOVE! I love the whole concept to it...I mean it was just portrayed perfectly to me! I do have to ask as well, did you put the text and the paper over here mouth? Because of you did I give you even more props! Anyways now with that said I shall critique it! Hehe!

I think this is a pretty good overall tag, but the effects I think are the biggest thing that caught my attention when I looked at the tag. I think the effects on the left are pretty good except for the top how it is so just straight. I think if it were oddly shaped or there were more effects right there, like lines sorta of c4ds, it would look better. But just it being straight it kinda of looks a bit odd. Also I am not too keen on how you blurred it after it got off the render. Blurring is usually only used for depth, but in this case you tried to do that with something that is in front of the render, and therefore does not work. The right is better in that aspect. However, the right is a bit messy and a tad sharp in areas. I think it it were smoothened out mainly over the render and geared more towards one direction it would look nice. I still think you have some pretty good depth, I just think it could be a tad better.

Next I would have to go ahead and comment on the lighting in the tag. The lighting strength I think is pretty right on and it is good you have it on the right side. However, I think it might be a tad too strong, you could always try a lesser version, but not by too much. Then also when I look at I do not get the feeling of it being in the front, but more being in the back of the tag. With that, the light is suppose to be in front of the render, but I just get the feeling of it being behind the render. But that is no big deal because it is not something I bet a lot of people really see when they look at it. But I do think that it might look better on the left if the light to dark transition was a little better. You have the light part right next to the render, but it cuts to dark pretty fast.

Ok now for the second tag. I simply love this tag because I love that band and because you used Pink which is like my favorite color. But I also dislike the tag because I think there was just a tad too much pink used in the tag. Anyways....here we go!

I would not say this is as good as your last tag because there are quite a few things that I am actually not feeling all that much in the tag. I think the first is probably just all the pink. I think there was just too much used. It almost makes the tag feel a tad monotone which is never good in a tag. Also the pink over the render to me looks a tad off, but that could just be me. Next are the wireframes that I was really looking at. The wireframe next to his guitar is pretty good except for the fact it looks faded in parts, or so thin you can barely see it. I do not, however, like the wireframe that you have over the render. So I would suggest taking that out and getting a better wireframe for next to the guitar. But the rest of the effects are pretty good and definitely give the tag a sense of flow. However the left bottom corner with that liquify or whatever it is looks a little odd. Also, I think some more sharper effects or some darker spots could help create some depth in there.

I also get the feel for the tag of -------bad quality. I know it probably isn't but when I look at it and look at the render I have to really look to see that it is not. I think though that might just have to do with the wireframe being of that quality. The lighting in this tag is not the best. It looks like there should be a fairly decent light source up above him yet I do not see one. I actually do not see a prime light source in this tag. It looks like you have a few small darker pink light sources, but none that really compliment the lighting on the tag. So I would say maybe try getting a better light source in the tag.

Kalli
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Okie dokie I am on for a little while.

Daecu
08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
well a few people have looked at this one, but im rly not sure what else to do with it. I've been in a slump with bg's making the theme similar to the dominant color in the render. like to know ur opinion :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/Daecu/Signatures/spectrespacesigv2.jpg

squiffystriker
08-08-2007, 02:05 PM
This one please :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/squiffystriker/Lineagefemalegenetekst.png

Doctor
08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8235/spiritmonger2uz9.png

One of my favorite tags I made ^_^

Thanks in advance

dylan5102
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I'd like to get critique on this tag:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/dylan5102/obito2copy-1.png
I like it and it's one of my latest so ^_^

Rauk
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3170/300sigeg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks ^_^

AG Birdman
08-08-2007, 07:26 PM
if you have time for mine that would be nice.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/Birdman12078/wipcopy-3.png

Kalli
08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Holy moly thats a lot of tags I need to CnC....well I better get started!

Daecu -

Well I am not really too fond of this tag for a lot of reasons. But I think the first and most reason that I can say that I dislike is how it is so over-contrasted. You have the contrast in the tag set so high that is just makes the tag displeasing to look at. The colors are very un-attractive like this and it just gives the overall tag a weird feel and look. Then next are the effects. I think the effects in this are just too messy and random. What I am seeing is just a bunch of effects packed into one tag to give it a very much hectic feel to the tag. This can sometimes work, but the only way it does is you need to have perfect flow and the perfect depth. I very rarely see any tags like that. So I would suggest toning them down.

Then there is the render blending. Actually it almost looks like effect blending. It looks like you stuck a render in there and stuck effects over it and just feathered the area of the render out. This is not the best way to do it at all. When render blending you either want him to stand out or for him to have effects over him, but not faded. Then the text just looks bad in my opinion. It looks like there is a tear effects in it and I think the text needs to be whole and a lot more simple. Text really fancy done and the color/effects you have used very rarely look very good in tags. Then lastly, the overall tag is very bright. There needs to be a distinct light source and some darker areas with some good transition.

squiffystriker -

Well, I am actually gonna say that I am not feeling this one all that much. I mean I usually love smudge tags, but this one I think mainly just the way it is set up and colored. I mean the flow fits with the render, but there is just something about the overall feel I am not liking all that much.

I will go ahead and start off with the basic of the smudging. I think that you did a pretty good job with the smuding in this tag, but I almost think that maybe go in with a small splatter brush and zoom in and give it some small detail in the smudging along the edges of the different colors in the smudging. I think the smudging angling in the middle of the tag is the best. When it gets higher I really think that it gets ruined due to the darker colored smudging. I think the darker looks nice I just think there is too much. Maybe if you had the light color go a little further and transition just a little slower it would look better. You could also maybe just use a slightly lighter color over there.

Then also there just does not really seem to be any depth in this tag. It also just seems to come out flat. I mean I guess you could interpret some depth in this tag, but nothing that you can really see just by looking at it. So maybe try some blurred and sharpened effects or go in with the burn tool. Also, the render at the bottom just does not appeal to me with the blending job that was done. I think it could be better maybe even have it stand out more or even be a little sharper.

Doctor -

I am actually not liking this one all that much. Honestly, not to be mean, but it looks like a tag that would have just been made by completely looking a tutorial. If it is not, please forgive me. I guess though, that is not my place to really percieve it like that, so I will go ahead and just point out what I am seeing within the tag.

I guess the first two things that I was really looking at that I will go ahead and point out are the text and the lighting. The text just seems to not fit, meaning it seems out of place. The font, the color, and the placement just do not really compliment the tag like text should do. This text just is not the right type of font for this kinda of sig. I would not just a simple font, but it is hard to find a GOOD font for this type of tag. But also, just having it in the center and it being so small just does not help it all that much. Then the lighting in this tag is just way too strong and overpowering. With lighting you have to look at three things when putting it in a tag. How strong it should be, where it should be located, and the color of the light source. In this case the placement is decent but the strength and the color are off. Then lastly are the effects. The effects just seem minimal to me and almost just looks like one big stock with a small amount of effects added to make it look like you did a lot more. This may be true and this may not. However, there is also not enough color in the tag, it is a tad monotone and also there needs to be some darker areas in the tag.

Caedus
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/_mayhem_/Venom.png

My latest. First sprite tag too.

Daecu
08-09-2007, 12:32 AM
das alot of comments ^_^ thanks alot, something tells me it may be better to scrap it and try a new theme xD. thanks for the time tho appreciate it ^_^

edit: made a new sig with same render, will try to post next time ur online, i think it flows alot better :)

Doctor
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Kalli. And you're right, it was a stock ^_^

Chris_Of_Death
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1372/scomplz3.png

ahaha i figure if i made it why waste it :D

Aznddongman
08-15-2007, 03:18 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/aznddongman/Sigs/Freedomcopy.png

Kalli
11-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Guess Who's Back?!

Dusk`
11-22-2007, 12:22 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k72/NorthernBeast/Cowgirlcopy.png

Welcome back. ;D

Kalli
11-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Nobe -

What can I say about this tag....oh yea duh...it sucks!!! Haha just messin' with ya! Hehe! Anyways, remember, it's been a few months since I did this. So I am not gonna be pulling out the BEST critique as of right now...give me a few days though and hopefully I should be back. But I will go ahead and try my best.

Well first off I would like to say that you have definitely gotten better than I used to remember you as. I think that the lighting in this tag was decently placed, however there is a part that is bugging me with it, but that is because I pay attention to major details when it comes to lighting. It appears as though you "main" lighting source is coming from the bottom. However, if you look at the girl, under her hat is shaded, which in terms means the lighting should be coming from above at more of an angle. Aside from noticing details like that, the lighting was well placed. It definitely works with the two people in the background because it is really hard to tell where it is coming from with them. However, the two people in the back are what I want to look at next. They definitely bring some depth into the tag, however the person on the right could be better in the sense of the effects. The person on the left is fine because there is really nothing on him, but there is that big splotch and line across the right person's face. I think if those were taken off and maybe the render darkened a tad on that side it would bring better depth into the tag and not so much focus on the effects over the face.

The effects are the next big thing in the tag. I think that the bubble C4D's (if not used please correct me) were placed very well with the outside lining on them in a good position. However, I think the effects are a tad too random in this tag and that creates chaos instead of the nice flow you would normally look for in a tag like this. Also another detail with these that might be helpful with your depth is adding some darker effects or maybe faded and blur them a little so it looks like there are effects in the back with the other renders instead of there just being some in the front. Then lastly also are the speckles you have spread out through the tag. I think they are a nice touch but there are a few that could be tossed out or maybe faded a tad so they don't stand out too much. The one that I notice the most is the one on the render's hat.

Well I hope this helps somewhat...like I said, I need some time to get back into the swing of things with my critique.

Nasuul
11-22-2007, 12:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/nasuul/highborne.png

Lets see what u can cc for me about this one...

Rss4560
11-22-2007, 12:54 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/samkimkenwood/NotDonecopy-1.png

made recently :\

Kalli
11-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Nasuul -

Pshh why would I do anything for you, you are nothing but a big piece of something I can't say because it doesn't make any sense...unless you think a big pile of yamacas make sense.

The first thing I would have to suggest is using a smaller canvas size. With a large canvas size it is harder to get some of the nicer effects in the tag. Such as a good lighting source, some good flow, and occasionally even depth in certain cases. With this it doesn't appear you have to much of a problem with depth, but I do see some problems with your lighting and your flow. The lighting at the focal point seems to be pretty decent but there is no good transition out unto the rest of the tag or even just lighting flow out in the tag. It seems to be kinda random and makes the tag seem a tad blah. With a smaller canvas size it is much easier to control that. Next is the flow in the tag. There really seems to not be much flow in this tag. There is a tad bit around the focal point but even there it is not too strong. The whole tag seems to be a tad bit messy and just random it quite a few places.

The next thing would be the overall effects in the tag. Most of the effects seem to be too blurred when I look at the tag. If you had some sharper areas it would look much better because that would also create some good depth. Plus it would give more for the eye to focus on rather than having blurred vision almost. The colors of the effects seem to be pretty decent, however there are a few areas of like a bluish color that seem to be random. I think it would look much better without that in it because it just seems out of place in my eye. Then the last thing is your text that I can think of. I usually like the text with large and small unreadable text. However, here you added an outline to the text and made it extremely bold. I think if the text were to just be toned down a tad bit it might look much better.

Kalli
11-22-2007, 01:29 AM
RSS4560 -

Oddly enough I think I am gonna have to say almost the opposite of what I said to Nasuul. I would almost suggest using a slightly larger canvas size. I am not saying go a lot bigger, but just a tad larger would probably help you out a lot. With this small of a canvas size it is hard to get everything you want in a good tag shoved in there. What usually happens here is you miss out on things, you get chaos, and it just seems to usually be over crowded. In your case I would say a lack of effects here with a slight randomness added into it. The lighting here seems to be pretty decent, however, it just seems as though something is missing with it, or something just doesn't quite fit. I can't really help here though because I can not quite place my finger on what is wrong in my eye. Also there seems to be a lack of depth due to a lack of effects. I think the background is nice, but I think that there could be some more depth added into the tag.

Also the effects in the tag just kinda seem to be shoved in there to add some effects in general. They seem to be kinda just trying to create flow more then trying to get some nice effects in the tag. I think that flow is more along the lines of something that should just kinda appear in a tag, which in turn means you know that you have a very well layed out tag. In this case it seems as though that is what you were going for was some flow so you angled all your effects and what not and didn't really plan to much with the effects in general.

Arkasuss
11-22-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.imagepillage.com/uploadedimages/33743871.jpg (http://www.imagepillage.com/)

:o

aspectt
11-22-2007, 10:58 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/6qe0v44.jpg
:(

bOnZai
11-22-2007, 11:04 AM
in my current ! JL Winter Tag !

Cheap_Indian
11-22-2007, 11:40 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/976/linkinparkbwpy7.png

Kalli
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Alrighty....post away.

Faith.09
11-23-2007, 05:35 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc288/faithtags/bawty.png

Vendetta357
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2892/hueycopygj9.png

Don't murder it please... I'm new round here...

Cheap_Indian
11-24-2007, 12:47 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/976/linkinparkbwpy7.png[/b]

Kalli
11-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Oopsies forgot I said I was online....ok everyone sorry about that. I will be starting to CnC them RIGHT now!

Kalli
11-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Faith.09 -

I just gotta ask...why are so many people using such large canvas sizes! It annoys me!!! Grrrr!! Hehe!

Anyways, for your tag that for some odd reason you want me to Critique...hehe. I am going to start out with the first thing that I noticed in this tag. That would be the render blending that was used in this and the effects mixed in with it. The effects and blending here are just not used to well together. The effects going over the render just seem to have no flow within that, and that it was just a quick blend and not very thought out at all. The worst part is the bottom because it looks like literally all you did was erase the render with a splatter brush or used an overlay layer with the splatter brush. Two other areas that need some cleaning up as well are on her hair and around her neck. I think if you were to fix that it might look a tad better.

The next two things I want to point out is the lighting and the color contrast between the background and the render. The lighting in the tag does not seem to well planned out either. I am actually having trouble finding an actual light source within the tag. If you look at the render there is a large light hitting the render from the left, however there is nothing over there. In fact, as you move over it gets darker. This is one of those cases, that if the canvas was a smaller size, it would be much easier to work with the lighting. So I would suggest working and trying to get a light source in there, and this is actually where the color comes in. If you were to stick to your current color scheme the light source and the render would not match. The render's dress already clashes too much with the colors you have chose. Although the colors might be nice, they do not go too well with the render you have chosen in my own opinion. You might actually try a black and white tag and see how that comes out.

The last two small things are the depth and the text. The depth is well, odd I would say. You do have some depth, but in areas I am seeing some definite forced depth. I am seeing some blurry areas but then some sharper areas with the background. That should not be. If you are going to use a blur technique the whole background needs to be blurred and have some sharper effects up front. Do not just have some random areas away from the render blurred, that looks too forced. Then the text is not the worse, but it is not the best either. I usually like random text because it works, but this just bugs me because it is chinese and the girl is totally american.

Kalli
11-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Vendetta357 -

Haha! Don't murder you? You totally came to the wrong person to ask a favor like that. This is like the death thread of tags, all tags get ripped apart in some way or another. Yes, that means even the hottest of tags I will tear to shreads. So let the slow, painful death begin!

Ok so well actually this is gonna be a tad short of a critique, because sadly I am gonna be able to break this down piece by piece very fast for there is not a whole lot going on. So I am actually gonna start off with what is missing from a tag like this. This is definitely a vector type tag, but you made the mistake of just using random pre-made brushes. Unfortunately it is very simple to spot these, and once spotted it detracts from the tag very quickly when they are all that is being used. The only true thing in this tag you can say you did was add the text. The tag itself is very dull and there is nothing going on, which in turn becomes something most would not want to look at. The text also seems to be very poor quality and as if you tried it make it match too much with the brushes. Do NOT do that. Use text that looks good whether it matches or not. More often than not, the most simplest text is the best. I would definitely suggest that you look up some of our tutorials we have on the site. Those will definitely help you with using some better effects and even how to use multiple images as backgrounds that turn into even abstract.

Vendetta357
11-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks mate. That actually helped.

Kalli
11-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Cheap_Indian -

Yea sorry, I don't like Indians. No way in this lifetime am I giving you a good critique!!! Meh!! Hehe just messing! I actually personally like this tag. I tend to like b.w tags more than color, and the contrast in this tag is quite nice. Anyways, for a full on critique now.

Ok well I think that the contrast in this tag is very nice. I mean I love b.w tags, and this is one of those. The light to dark transition I do believe is a bit sudden, and there could use some more in between, but the way you have it set up actually gives it some good look into it. I think the effects look nice, they actually look like falling stars/galaxy type effects which looks nice. However, I was noticing some wireframe c4ds in there. I do not think the one directly behind the render looks too bad, but the wireframes on the left side do not really fit in with me. Then bringing in the left side, I think it might be a little too dull over there. On the right side, you do have effects in a small proportion and I actually think it should be that way on the left, or maybe just even crop out a tad bit of that side and make the tag have less width.

Next thing I was taking a look at was the lighting in general. I am not really seeing and overall light source. I do not think you want a large one in this one, but maybe a small light source might add to the tag. Also, over the render I am seeing what looks like a fogged spot that I think if darkened up it would look a tad better in that area of the tag. The depth of the tag is not the greatest in this tag, but not the worse either. I think if you had a few more darker spots in the lighter area and vise versa that might add a bit of depth or even adding a few more sharper effects to give that type of feel. Then lastly is the text in the tag. It looks like you just slapped the Linkin Park logo on there and said done. Also the placement is not the best either. I do not think the logo looking type text is bad, but since it is so on the bottom it looks a tad odd. It almost looks at times like it is going below the bottom of the tag. So maybe a higher placement, even if not that much would look somewhat better.

Faith.09
11-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Great critique :) Thanks man!

bOnZai
11-24-2007, 01:05 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/b0nZai/signatures/histoire.jpg

Ombre
11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9942/sig112107vl9.png

Jyorei
11-24-2007, 11:42 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Blind_Reflection/Sigs/loz4copy.png

=)

Just came back to PS after a few months, would like some hardcore C&C pls..=)

Volmorous
11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6103/tgledit2jm0.png

My 3rd sig.

aspectt
11-24-2007, 11:55 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/spaghetti1856/megancopy.jpg

bdiddie
11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/ubpsw/warmakersasukecopy.jpg

Kalli
11-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh doodle cakes with snappers! I left my status as online!!! Oopsie...ok well since it said I was online I will CnC everyone who posted. But I am DONE for the night....so after this post I will not CnC anyone else's who posts for the night....sorry guys!

DarthSomething
11-25-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm posting, but you can just do it tomorrow. Hope it's ok that I post now.

I want critique on my Dreams one in my "newest" section and my current sig.

Jyorei
11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
bump! =D

Kalli
11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Sorry guys we lost electricity last night.....I am getting ready to CnC all the tags on this page and anyone else who posts...I will try to get them done as fast as I can.

random1337
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9536/savedcopyov8.jpg

aspectt
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
edit: yikes, didn't see "not taking new tags". sorry. ._.

Kalli
11-25-2007, 10:32 PM
JL Bonzai -

Hmm I would not have to say that this is the best work that I have seen from you. Nor would I have to say the smudging has come out as well as you normally see in cloud smuding tags.

First off what I was looking at was the text. I usually never start off with text in my CnC but this time I actually am. The text I think detracts from the tag quite some. Usually text like this is joined with some larger text, or in this case not so long in length, but more taller in width when using that amount of text. This text in my own opinion reminds me of an Anti-Rip text and not so much a text to add to the tag. The next thing would have to be the render joined with the effects. The smuding is not the greatest, but it is not the worst either. But combined in one area with the render it looks like something went wrong. The sprite just kinda slowly fades into the cloud effects which kinda seems a tad boring. There is nothing going on over, and there is nothing that really catches the eye. Also the circle under the sprite looks a tad out of place. Then also there are a few areas of color that could be fixed that also seem like they should not be there.

The last two areas I want to look at is the depth and the lighting. There is a decent amount of depth in here, but the depth I do not think was done as good as it could have been. The sprite is suppose to be in between the clouds, however he is still sharper than the clouds in front of him. I think if there were some sharper effects up front with the blur in the background it would look better. In this case, the only depth I am seeing is all dependent on the lighting. That is where the lighting actually comes in to play. The lighting in this tag seems to not play such a part with lighting but more with flow and depth. There is no main light source, except coming from the back which looks nice except for the fact the light is coming from the other direction on the sprite. So I think a closer, even just small light source might have helped. Also on the left and the right bottom there seems to be a darker light source and a -------light light source that just seemed to have been randomly placed there.

Kalli
11-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Ombre -

I always hate to be harsh when I do these critiques, but unfortunately this is one of those times. I hate to really say but there is very, very little I can actually say good about this tag. The only thing I can compliment even the slightest is your smudging. You kinda of have a wispy cloud type smudging going on.

The first two things I will start off with are depth and lighting. There is pretty much absolutely no depth in this tag at all. The background, or just behind the smudging is bland. There is nothing going on in the back at all, which creates zero depth feelings within the tag. I would suggest at least getting some type of effects back there and even just blur it up and sharpen the effects up just a tad bit. Then for the lighting, well it just seems to be chaotic. There seems to be not just one light source but several, and none of which are really there for lighting, but just to make the tag brighter. You should try to focus on one, maybe two light sources in a tag and have the directional or in the background so that you either create lighting flow or some depth in the tag. In this case, it just seems too random and actually makes the tag too bright.

Last two things are the effects/smudging and the border. The effects and smudging have a nice overall effects, but then at the same time lack that very thing. Those effects could be very nice, with something else going on in the tag. You have them so they are the main focal and they are all that is going on within the tag. That in turn makes it so the tag come out unappealing and unattractive. They are also pretty blurred with no sharpness, which also does not make it very eye appealing. In short, there needs to be more going on within the tag. Then also your border just kinda seems to be there for a border. Almost as though there was no thought put into that at all. When using a border, you have to be very careful because you can truly ruin a tag if the border does not fit.

Kalli
11-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Jyorei -

Well you are asking for some hardcore CnC so I am going to regretably give it to you. Even after being away from PS for a few months, this is not a good tag in almost any area. I am guessing that even before you left you might not have been up to par with many of the other tag makers around GR. But I will go ahead and tell you what is wrong with the tag.

The two first things I will start off with are lighting and depth. The reason I chose both of those is because in this case they go hand to hand. The depth in this tag could actually probably be very good, but unfortunately you over powered it with the lighting. You have the lighting so strong and so overwhelming within the entire tag, you washed out the background in the tag. With the lighting also you seemed to have washed out both the render and the effects as well to a certain degree. With lighting you want to be careful you don't over do it, and you actually want to usually try to gauge by the render where the light should be coming from which is usually in one area. With that as well, you want one powerful light source compared to any others in the tag. So I think because of the lighting you lost some good contrast and color in the tag.

The other things are the text, border, and overall effects of the tag. The effects in this tag actually seem to be very minimal but that might again have to do with the lighting of the tag. It looks as though you just used a few c4d renders in the tag, which actually can ruin a tag. If that is all you are using for effect, it is as though all you did was stick a couple stocks together and said the tag was yours. You need to have more going on in a tag, and actually depth might even be able to fix that so you do not have to have much. The text and border in this tag just seem to be out of place. 1px border equals never use because they are simple tag killers on any tag. The text also just seems to be placed there with very little thought. Although if everything else was fixed, it is very possible the text might look good.

Kalli
11-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Volmorous -

Since this is only your 3rd tag I will take it a little easier on you. But unfortunately not to easy, otherwise you can not really learn how to improve. So I am sorry if this comes out harsh. But I will say, you did very well for it only being your 3rd tag.

The first two things that I was looking at were the effects and the text. The overall tag just seems to be very messy, random, and chaotic. There does seem as though there was anything that you were really going for except for effects. When using this many effects you have to be very careful and it is very tough. You need flow in a tag, and unfortunately what you did here was put so much into it that you kinda got rid of the flow and just made the overall tag messy. You can see where you tried to get the flow, but unfortunately it did not work as much as I am assuming you hoped it to. It just seems to random. Also, the two clipping masks on the left just seem out of place. When using those types, you have to be very careful in placement and also hoping that you do not over do it and also in this case, you did. There are also a few colors within the tag that do not fit, and I would almost think a b.w version of this would look better. Then also, the text just seems out of place as though it is just in there for some text. You have to be very careful when using text because it can ruin a tag easily.

The other two things are the lighting and the render. Your lighting placement seems to be dead on, but the lighting usage was not all that great. It seems to be over contrasted and it also seems as though it was not set up well in transtition. The lighting transition seems to be very quick into dark. You want it so that it looks as though the light is giving out light and not that that is the exact light source. Also, there seems to be too many effects over the render. You want to make sure if you have ANY effects over the render they are well planned out, and usually have it over the face is NEVER good, so be careful with that.

Kalli
11-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Aspectt -

MEGHAN FOX IS DEAD SEXY!!! I give you a 10/10 in render usage! At this point I would love the tag even if it completely was the worst tag I had ever seen! Anyways, I will try to look passed her and actually CnC the tag, but it will be hard to look at her and do that....hehe!

Ok well the first thing I was noticing was the premade brushes or shapes or what not with the clipping mask. They would probably look good, but I think they are used a tad too much. Especially since they are going OVER the render. Maybe if they were not going over the render, or at least not so much maybe it would look better. But since they are really noticeable, mainly on the left of her hair and on her chest, they look bad. I think maybe try to get rid of those or tone them down a bit and it would look nicer. The effects in the back with the smudging look nice but there is one thing about them that is bugging me. When I look at I feel like I am looking at a double image. I am not sure if it just came out that way or if in areas it really is double when you were doing something, but it kinda bugs me and looks a tad odd.

The next two things I was looking at was the lighting and the text. The text I like the idea of it very much. However, I think it could be a tad better. I like how it is kinda destroyed, but I think it is a tad too much destroyed. So maybe tone that down a tad and it would look really nice. Especially the G-A-N, the M and the E I think are just fine. The lighting I also think could be a tad better. I like the light source on the right, but then I saw the light source on the left and realized that was just a clipping mask. Then the lighting transition on the right could be a tad better when it is going to the corner. I think it gets a tad bit dark too fast. I also think a small light source with some good light to dark transition on the left might look nice.

Kalli
11-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Bdiddie -

Unfortunately this will be a quick CnC because I really can not say anything good because this is a tag that needs a lot of work on it. I would also suggest that you check out the tutorials we have on the site because they will really help you.

First off, your tag is WAY too bright. It actually hurts me to look at it for too long and that is not an exaggeration. You really want to work on your contrast and get more darks into a tag. You always want a good variety of light and dark colors, especially when working with a b.w tag. Also your text is very hard to read. You want to choose a font and color that will not completely blend into the tag. It is alright if it blends in a little to the point where you can still read it, but in this case I can not read it at all. Also your render seems to be out of place with the colors you chose for the effects and also seems to be a bit too blended in as well.

That is where you need to focus next is with your effects. I think that if you had some more darks in there the background would look well and you might even be able to make a few changes to the point where you could get some good depth in the tag. However you once again lost it all with making the tag so bright. Then lastly is your over effects where it looks like you have some effect of just motion blur over everything which looks bad. You almost never want to use a filter that is going to stand out that much unless you really know how to use it and know it will go well with your tag.

Kalli
11-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Random1337 -

Hmm I am not thinking this is the best actually. Looking at this tag and your current, I think if you took the time and really tried that you would easily be able to come up with something better.

It looks as though you used a blur layer on lighten, which is very rarely good. It is easy to tell that and usually can break a tag even if it is the best tag ever. Your effects seem very rushed in my opinion. They do not look like you actually took the time to sit down and work on them. There is not a whole lot of depth either. I think if you blurred the actual background and then maybe added some sharper effects up front that it would create some really good depth. However, it looks a tad over contrasted and in areas look pixelated which is not the best. The pen tool also could have been put in there better, especially with the render. I am also not too fond of the clipping mask with the eyes in it, because it just seems out of place. Lastly, the text just seems slapped on as well to try to get some text in there. So like I said before, I think that if you took more time to work on a tag, you would be able to come out with a decent result.

Wfhsanuj
11-26-2007, 01:11 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd138/WF08/Jhun.png

Ombre
11-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the critique. I am mainly trying to figure out new ways to make effects that I can incorporate into larger pieces. I will try to keep your points in mind next time I make a sig. Surprisingly enough I didn't ever use the smudging tool in that sig, it was all just default brushes, filters, and a stock photo I took of a water bottle. I used it for a base to start my brushing.

aspectt
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Ok. Kill the clipping masks.

Yessir.

Kalli
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Peek A Boo - Lets See You

Ombre
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Not sure if this is better, but any advice will always help.
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9202/testsiggykh8.png

Kalli
11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Alright Ima go eat really quick but then when I get back anyone who posted I will CnC.

CarpeDiem
11-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Tear me up please :)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/heckknowe/TOMORROW-4.png

Ombre
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Must be a big meal. ^_^

Kalli
12-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Alright, I am on...lets go!

Kalli
12-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow....No one tonight?

thuggnangel
12-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Well I have one:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/lil_kaykay/Photoshop%20work/hollowedinsidecopy.png

critique away =)

Kalli
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Thuggnangel -

Pshhh...I don't want to critique you. What the heck were you thinking posting in here....you loser! Hehe!

This is definitely an interesting style of a tag, but I am not sure that the style completely worked in making a nice tag. I think that if worked on however, it could definitely be turned into a very interesting tag. The first thing that could definitely use some work is the text. First off, get rid of the extra text on the bottom right, that just look stupid. Then I think the font choice was not the best, but color was pretty good. However, also I think there could be some better placement of text. The other thing is the background. On the left you just have another render/stock which kinda looks weird and almost like you were too lazy to really try to put any effects in the background, so you just stuck a render/stock. I think it would look much better with some nice effects, this usually never really works all that well. Then on the right side, its kinda just a dark and light area, there is almost no depth on that side at all.

Then the other thing, is that the effects you do have in the tag are VERY minimal. There is no flow whatsoever, very little depth, not really any at all, and a large lack of effects. There is nothing really going on in the tag. Just kinda looks like a bunch of random things put into one tag. I would really suggest trying to plan it out, mainly to get some nice flow in the tag. The only thing I think that you really did hit dead on was the lighting. I can not really complain about that at all, you did a very nice job in strength and placement.

bdiddie
12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
if you have time for me

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/ubpsw/sigcopy.jpg

Kalli
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Im actually getting off m8....my cousin needs to use the computer for school. I will critique yours though first thing in the morning when I get on.

bdiddie
12-03-2007, 12:01 AM
k,np whenever

Kalli
12-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Bow Chicka Wow Wow....Lets Go!

CarpeDiem
12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Posted this earlier but I guess you weren't on at the time. I appreciate the time you put into your critiques.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/heckknowe/TOMORROW2.png

Proximity-HazeD
12-04-2007, 07:16 AM
bottom current if you don't mind :D

c.u.b.e
12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
^_^

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3362/afrosamuraiver2kd9.jpg

critique away :)

LostUchiha
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/Spyx2003/Photoshop/IAmLegend-1.png

Critique until there's no tomorrow. :D

Kalli
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry guys....our electricity died on us last night...so all who posted last night I am getting ready to critique yours right now....so check back whenever you get on and it should be up.

Kalli
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
CarpeDiem -

Hmm, not really sure about this tag. I like the "feel" of the tag, but overall I am not feeling the tag too well, if you understand what I am trying to say.

I think the thing in the tag that I am liking the most is the soft feel with the colors. However, the soft feel also ruins the tag for me. I think you did a very nice job on the colors, which I think is the best part of the tag. I think the soft feel is a very nice thing for a tag, but I think that the effect was a tad overdone in this tag. Everything seems to be a tad too soft. I think that the overall blur effect could be a little less, and still with some sharper effects. The text I do not think was very well laid out either, especially with part of it being blurred as well. I think it would look better if that was crisp and was not effected by the softness of the tag.

I think the depth was very well laid out in this as well, however with all of the blur it kinda gets ruined. I would expect either the front or the back to be blurred, but not both. Even part of the center of the tag is blurred. I think it would be better if there was a difference in between each area within the depth, and not having it all the same. The flow however in the tag I think was done decently. There is some decent flow in the tag, however there are also some areas that disrupt the flow. The main area in the tag of that nature would be the right side in the back. Those star shaped effect that are pretty much going straight up ruin the overall feel of the flow for me. The last thing is that the two beams of light that go around the render kinda of feel a tad too strong for me. I think if they were either toned down or at least made a tad smaller it would look nice.

SkatZ
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/5/12/4/f_Rudezt2copym_3236179.jpg

Btw Kalli. What about that big battle thingy? You're dropping it?

Kalli
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
C.u.b.e -

Well the first thing I am looking at is the canvas size. I think that a larger canvas size would be much nicer. The width I do not think is such a bad thing, but it is more the height that I am looking at. I think if you had the canvas size a tad more taller it would have looked better, and the text and render would not seem so crammed together in a small canvas. Also the text is just not the best. Afro text is not so bad, but I think with the canvas size that you made it take a tad too much space, especially with such a small render. Although, the cube text needs to be thrown out of the tag, because I am pretty sure you just have it there to have your name on the tag.

I think that the render is too small in the tag as well. It does not come off as your main focal at all, and I am pretty sure that is probably what you wanted to be your focal. The reason it is not is not just because of the size, but because you blurred the render as well. If it is not blurred, I am sorry but that is due to size. Also there is a lack of effects. There are a few c4d renders it looks like but that is about it, and even then they are too noticable and not very attractive. There is pretty much no depth in the tag either because the background of the tag just seems to be one solid color, then with lighting to appear different.

I think this tag could have been better, but your canvas size totally ruined the whole tag in my opinion.

Kalli
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
LostUchiha -

But there is a tomorrow, so does that mean I do not have to critique?! Hehe!

Well the first thing, and the thing that is bothering me the most is the text. I personally feel that the text has ruined the entire tag. It is kinda like a serious tag, and with some decent effects, but then the font type, color, and even placement just seem to destroy that. So the first thing in MY opinion would be to change the text you have used in the tag. The next thing I was taking a look at was the lighting source. I know many people use a soft brush as a lighting source, but most of the time they try to blend it in. In this case, I think that circle from the soft brush is a tad too obvious. Try just using a larger soft brush and just having about the bottom quarter of it actually on the tag. The placement of the light source however, was placed pretty much perfectly in the right place and almost just the right strength as well.

The effects are pretty nice, I will definitely say that. I like the mix, especially with the use of the wireframe. However, the wireframe to the left of the render I think needs to be toned down, or well kinda cut off sooner than how far up it goes. I like the wireframe, but the top of it that goes up next to the 'P' in the background tends to bug me, and that is what I start to focus on actually. Also the clipping mask I think needs to be trashed. I do not think a clipping mask is bad, but a clipping mask of the render's eyes just looks weird, at least placed right there over the effects. Then next, both of the bottom corners I think need to be transitioned a little differently. You have the messy type effects but then all of the sudden solid effects on the corners. Also the whole duplicate effects on the upper right kinda looks a tad odd, I think if that was toned down a little it would look quite nice. Also, the empty space effect on the left just looks out of place in my opinion.

`RGB
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
might aswell post a new one up for cnc
i dont get it anywhere else ^_^

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/497/womenko5.jpg

Kalli
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Skatz -

I will eventually get it going, but not til the start of next year. Right now, I am just too busy, and actually do not really have the cash to have the prizes. Then also, I am gonna be out of town from the 22nd - 2nd. So I MIGHT start it up if I get my laptop before I leave, otherwise I will not start it back up til 2008. Plus, I have to do the sign up sheet again and start from round one since half the contestants changed their name or left GR.

As for your tag, I personally like the style of it. However, there are still some downsides that I would LOVE to see in a different tag of the same style. First off, the duplicate bar on the left I think could be trashed. I think the tag would look much better at that same length, just with some extended effects on the sides of the tag. I am loving the colors of the tag, especially with that red, it makes the tag itself look amazing, even if it were a crap tag. However, the effects on the left middle are a little crowded in my opinion, and could either be toned down a little or just spread out a tad more, or more with sharpness and blurring.

I also think it would look nice if there were a few more effects in the background, instead of just the pen tool lines. I think it would look nice, maybe if there were some lightened blurred c4ds, or something in the back. Also maybe if you got rid of that border, or tried a different border it would help as well, I am personally not too fond of any types of borders though. Last are those two circles with I believe clipping masks. I think the small circle is placed perfectly but I think if the larger circle were moved down just a tad bit so it stays within the outline of the area in the back it would look nice, as though there are holes inside of it and not just two circles.

`RGB
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
yeh
the duplicate bar i forgot too finish smudging haha

the sig itself isnt finished 100%, but its a working progress
thanks anyway, i will fix it

Kalli
12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
*rqb -

You do realize I have NOT critiqued your tag yet right? That was for Skatz...

`RGB
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
hahahahahaha
just my luck

well ive looked at it twice, and fixed some bad points anyway..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/LeDush/women.jpg

Kalli
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Alright, well Im heading in for a shower because I have work in a few hours...but as soon as I get back I will give you a critique.

`RGB
12-04-2007, 05:21 PM
ok thanks kalli

CarpeDiem
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I should have spent more time with the blurring/sharpening. Also, the "star effects" are from the background stock. Thanks again for the critique I'll keep it all in mind.

SkatZ
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah. Thanks for that.

Kalli
12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
*rqb -

Sorry for the delay m8. But I am done with my shower, but this will be my last for the night everyone, unless I decide to do any more when I get home.

Well the biggest thing that I am looking at and seeing in the tag is the smudging. It kinda makes the tag bland with the way the smudging looks. I am not sure if you were trying to get a cloud effect, fog effect, or maybe just exactly what you have, but unfortunately in my opinion it has ruined the tag. I think mainly because it is too overwhelming. If you had made it so that there was just a little, or just not as much over the render it would have looked much better. Because of it being so much, there is no flow in the tag at all, and there is very little depth except for one small area in the tag. I am curious though, is that the effect you were going for or were you going for more of a cloud effect?

Also, the render in the background seems to be a tad low quality, although it is nothing I would say that ruins the tag. The next thing I was taking a look at was the lighting in the tag. It looks like you have the light placement down pretty good, but the strength and the transition needs a little work. It seems as though there are three strengthening spots with the lighting. Looks like there is one on the top and two on the bottom, however there should never be three, and very rarely should there even be two. Also because they are so strong, it needs a lot more transitioning into darkness, and in this tag it seems to be a tad too sudden. The other thing is the lack of effects. There is nothing really going on in the tag. I think it would look a lot better with some blurred and sharpened effects, maybe even a few c4d renders just to bring some speckles in or something. Also with that too, you can create some better depth and some nice flow if you so choose to.

Cheap_Indian
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
When you get time critique my current :)

Thanks,
Cheap

bdiddie
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
and if you don't mind

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/ubpsw/wannaplaynotext.jpg

btw, i love your critiques, glad you spend the time to do so

Kalli
12-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Hey guys, had a long day at work...will critique those two tomorrow I have the day off.

`RGB
12-05-2007, 04:35 AM
thnks mate for the critique

cheifbravo
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Whenever you get free time, http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff154/street45flight/SpiderPSDcopy.jpg

great idea btw

Tushar
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/TushaR900/Avrilv2.jpg

Kalli
12-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Cheap_Indian -

I remember you saying somewhere about this tag that it was unique or original or something, and I will definitely give you that. There is no doubt that it is not, however, in my eyes at least I think I would prefer a whored style right now. This tag really is not a whole lot to look at, not being mean I swear.

The first thing I was wondering, is why does it look like the biker is popping out of a condom? I mean, I really do like the whole idea of the tag, but unfortunately, it does not really look like there is much going on. Since there is not much going on, I feel weird because there is not a whole lot that I can really say about the tag. There is no depth, not really flow, no lighting source, very few effects. That is the main thing, is I would make there be a bit more going on, because I do not think that this tag needs any depth at all. I think you could really go somewhere with this idea though.

Kalli
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Bdiddie -

I am glad you like my critiques, that is why I do them and take the time. To try to help people and give 100% true critique unlike most who just post to raise their post count.

Well I am loving the b.w of the tag, because I love b.w tags more than anything on GR! However, I think that it is a little too gray. I think if it has some more darker darks that it would make it look much nicer. However, with that, I think the effects might have been a little overdone. It is hard to describe what I see when I look at the effects, but they kinda look fat and sorta blurred. I think if they were sharper and maybe you had some smaller effects that would help out the tag a lot. Right now too, I think the right side of the tag definitely looks too overcrowded, especially compared to the left.

The next thing I was looking at was the flow and the lighting in the tag. I can see some sort of flow in the tag, but I think it could have been put together a tad more. I think that the angle you have just does not compliment the render very well and I think maybe a higher angle would have looked nice, or even all going in one direction instead of two. Then also I think the direction of the lighting is right on, but the strength and the transition could use a little work. Also because of the effects the lighting looks like you had to try and have rays and it looks very bad actually. Especially on the lower of the right side because it gets darker way too fast. Also, I think a small light source on the left would have looked very nice because it would compliment the render quite nicely.

PyramidRaped
12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm still getting use to the transition from Photoshop CS2 to PSP8 but critique away...
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg233/PyramidRaped/Signature/HeatherPR.png

Volmorous
12-06-2007, 06:24 PM
My 5th, still learning, thought it would be good to drop by for some advice.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/758/akonv3rj1.png

You also critiqued another one I had a while back, which was about two before this, I think I'm doing a lot better. I'm glad you take the time to help people out, and it's a shame nobody really gets to say thanks as much as I think they should. So - thanks!

Kalli
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey guys...I know I am a little behind, but I work in an hour for about 6 hours. But when I get back tonight I will make sure to catch up on everyone. Sorry!

Kalli
12-08-2007, 02:11 PM
CheifBravo -

I am really not feeling this tag all that well. The first thing though that needs to go is the border. NEVER use a 1px border, because there is a .5% chance that it will make the tag look good. Any other time, a 1px border will just completely ruin the tag. The next thing I was taking a look at the was light/dark contrast. I like that you do have that in the tag, however, I think that you overdid it just a tad bit. I think that the light goes to dark way to fast, and if that were toned down just a tad bit that it might make it look better, or just add some better transition. Your light source though as well seems to be a tad strong and that does not help the light/dark contrast. In fact, in the upper areas of the tag with that strong of a light source, there should be some more light to dark transition rather than it just being immediate.

I can see that you tried to add some depth into the tag, however, it does not seem like you really tried at the same time. There is a small amount of depth in the tag, but I think if you worked with the effects of the tag some more, you could really do better with the depth. Also there seems to be very little flow in the tag. With the effect going around the render that adds some flow and that would be the ideal place of flow, but none of the rest of that tag really compliments that. It more goes in different directions. I would suggest adding some better flow to a tag like this and having the effects all generally guide in one direction. Also the text just seems to be out of place in this tag. The font could work with this tag, but with the light/dark contrast and the colors you chose, the text looks more out of place than anything.

Kalli
12-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Tushar -

I hate being mean, and especially to new members, but unfortunately there is not really anything I can honestly say good about this tag. The contrast you have in the tag is just way too strong. You never want to overdo that, and it is possible on your computer monitor it looks fine, but with critique you will find the way you see it is not how most see it. With that in mind, you may have to adjust your screen or figure out what others are seeing, or just always make it so your contrast is not as strong, or seems to mild for you. The effects in the tag are not together at all. It seems as though you just threw a bunch together. The seem to be messy and actually the lines that you have diagonally seem to be of bad quality and pixelated. That is something you need to work on. You need to work on the flow and depth of your tags. Without flow and depth, a tag can be completely ruined and I think that is one of the big issues here.

Also your lighting source seems to be just placed on there without much thought. I can see that the general direction is correct, but strength and placement were not thought out very well. When using a light source, having maybe just the lower half of the soft brush is sometimes best and having it at the very top or bottom of the tag. Also maybe play around with different canvas and render sizes. Those two here are just not mixing. With the render you chose, a canvas size with a tad more height would have been better in this case. Then lastly the text does not seem thought out either, but more just placed on the tag so that you would have text. I see you worked with color, but unfortunately, the font, size, and placement are all not working. Text is one of the hardest things, and most people will agree. So I would just suggest looking at some tutorials and over the course of time with work you will improve.

TRU3 R3GR3T
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/TRU3_R3GR3T/phoenix-1.jpg

it's been a long time for me...not my best.

:: Blaze ::
12-08-2007, 03:31 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/mmdl/staringv4.png

Could you rate this one? Ty already =D

Kalli
12-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Pyramid Raped -

The first thing I would have to suggest is making your canvas size smaller. With such a large canvas size a lot of things can go wrong and it can make the tag look less as good as it possibly might actually be. Aside from the canvas size, the first thing I was taking a look at were the scan lines going horizontal across the whole tag. Scan lines can occasionally be used in a tag, but usually for them to look nice it has got to be a small amount. Since they were used across the whole tag it actually detracts from the tag, so I would suggest maybe actually removing them all together. The other thing I am not liking a whole lot is the text. The text in this tag actually stands out more than anything else, even more then the render. So I would actually try toning it down a little, and maybe even just using a simple font instead of a grunge font.

The last few things I was looking at were flow and depth, and then also the lighting. There does not really seem to be any flow in the tag at all. I can find some depth in the tag, although I can say I wish there a tad more depth to the tag, meaning I wish there were more up front effects to the tag. Also some up front effects would also help the flow of the tag. Right now there just is not any, it is just all random and I think flow would really improve the tag. Also the lighting in the tag I think is right on with the direction and placement, however the strength and transition I think could use a little improvement. The light to dark transition from the lighting seems to be a little too sudden, and maybe having it transition a little more would like nice. Also the lighting ON the render just seems to be a tad strong and I think would look nicer if it were to be toned down just a little.

Kalli
12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Volmorous -

Well the first thing that I am looking at and will tell you right now 90% of the graphics society will tell you to get rid of is your border. The 1px and 2px borders are just BAD! They tend to be more popular amongst the beginners because they feel the need that they actually do need a border. I will tell you right now, borders are uneccessary, and I actually pretty much refuse to ever use a border on one of my tags. The next thing I was look at was the effects related to the render. They just do not seem to really go well together. Also, with the bad render blending in this tag, it almost looks as though you made a tag, then decided you wanted a render in it so you added one and tried to blend it in. I think it is more the color though, but the render blending does not help. Maybe try doing a b.w version of the tag and see if that helps.

However, also the effects are not the greatest. They do seem a tad blurred and I think if there were some sharper areas in the tag, that it might improve the overall tag. Also I am not really feeling any depth in the tag, and I think it would look a lot better if you added maybe some darker areas or some sharper effects because that could increase the depth in the tag. Also, I would suggest working on the text a bit more. The text seems to be faded and that does not really look all that well. Maybe try adding the text AFTER everything, having it your last layer so nothing effects it. Also play with it some more with size, and color, and placement, and even the font type. Take time on your text, and you can really come out with some nice results.

Kalli
12-08-2007, 04:17 PM
TRU3 R3GR3T -

Unfortunately, it is pretty obvious that you have been away for awhile, well depending on how good you were before. The first and I think the most main thing about the tag is the quality. The tag is looking of very bad quality. I am not sure if it is the render, the effects you used, or maybe some type of filter you might have used on the entire tag. But I would suggest in future, trying to get some better quality, because bad quality can ruin the entire tag. Next thing I am looking at are the effects over the render. In some cases that is ok as long as it is put together well, but in this case it just looks messy. It looks like you just put some overall effects in there without any thought, but you should have erased the effects that were put over the render, because right now it just looks bad.

Also there is nor depth or flow in the tag. Those are two of the most important things you want to have in a tag like this. Flow will make the tag nice to look at and depth just adds a certain something to the tag that just improves the overall look of the tag. It looks like you tried to create some depth by blurring and sharpening, but unfortunately that will just not always work unless you do it where it looks like it was not forced. Also the effects in general need to be worked on, especially your light source effect. The lens flare flash effect is never a good way to go for a light source. I would get rid of that and bring out a soft brush and use that as a light source because that will look much smoother and much nicer. Also, never just add text to add text. Make sure when working with the text, you take time and actually try several different options, and usually the best is the most simple.

Xioushi
12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey Kalli, just finished this sig, please tell me what you think about it. :)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/SavPurity/joc.png

Thanks. <3

jjfreight
12-09-2007, 12:35 AM
How about mine, Kalli. Current.

Vendetta357
12-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Please and thankyou.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9379/shinodacopyfx5.png
V1

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8703/shinodav4fixedscopydc9.png
V2

Text help?

.fallen
12-09-2007, 08:40 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj21/sugar7itz/wreckedpop1.jpg

finished that one last night, not too sure how i feel about it but mine aswell give it a shot

:KP:
12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
imma try this for the first time :P be warned its messy, and that its been a month or two

http://i17.tinypic.com/71oejc8.png

TheLiquid
12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Here's mine.. Sorry for adding to the big lineup lol..

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/Evenglare134/creepydudesig.png

Cheap_Indian
12-09-2007, 02:06 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6509/hitmancopywl9.png

3. 2. 1. Go! :P

Kalamadorel
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/SephirothMk2/Sanctuaryv1.jpg

Looks pretty popular so i thought i\'d join the queue ^^

bdiddie
12-10-2007, 01:12 AM
got another one for ya

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/ubpsw/assassinscreedcopy.png

Kalli
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh wow...I really need to pay attention to how I leave my status. Ok well I have nine tags to critique, this might take awhile.

Crazy Monkey
12-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Crit my sig please .

Thanks. -.-

Kalli
12-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey guys, sorry none of the tags have been critiqued that you have posted. I have been pretty busy with work, but I have to get up early tomorrow for a package delivery, so I will have almost all day because I don't work until late. So I will get these all done tomorrow, I promise!

Ombre
12-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Not sure if this is better, but any advice will always help.
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9202/testsiggykh8.png[/b]
You missed mine. :P

SM pointless
12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/pointl3ss/My%20Sigs/urghhorrible.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/pointl3ss/My%20Sigs/JOOQ2-5.jpg

a couple of my new ones on my return to gfx

rivunited
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
plz gimme some cnc :)
wud love to improve :D :D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/rivunited/maxpayneTE.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/rivunited/wip-sig-ani-final.gif

Chris*
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Dp this one of you have time :P
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/Chris-GFX/smokey.jpg

c.u.b.e
12-21-2007, 06:47 PM
C&C please IF you have tim, and thx for C my last work

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5574/killjoyingisbadxdver3xi4.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=killjoyingisbadxdver3xi4.jpg)

Awedacity
12-25-2007, 10:46 PM
you didn't say you're not on, so...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/Awedacity/Signatures/BannerRing2.png

+MW.211
03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
ok, tell my how much I suck :tongue:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/jdse94/sig/midnightMooncopy.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/jdse94/sig/midnightMoonV333.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/jdse94/sig/midnightMoonv4444copy.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/jdse94/sig/midnightMoonv4444FLIPPED.png

Strykor
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Could you please say wether this topic is still up or not?

FirebatHero
04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
haha lol

Kalli
04-13-2008, 01:48 PM
It will be started back up this coming May.