View Full Version : Ipb Forums

11-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Hey, does anyone have / know anything about IPB? Anyways, i got IPB forums ( From cpanelX ) Version 1.3 Final.

Ok, so this is the problem. I was adding in the Arcade mod. ( Llamaman was helping me with some things ) And i was editing a part in Admin.php ( From file manager forums directory ). I acciddently moved it to the trash, so i moved it out and no worries, then when i went to go to Admin CP on the forums, it says error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/concept/public_html/forums/sources/Admin/admin_pages.php on line 208

So, i need to get in there for many reasons, also i need to get in there to finish the last 2 steps of proccesing the arcade. And as you know i was installing the arcade, so that means i was editing other files in the File Manager Public_html / forums / here , so that must mean i either mest up one of those accidently to cause admin.php to crash, or somethings wrong with the admin.php file. Also, i was thinking maybe i mest up a code in admin.php or deleted some needed text. So, i uplaoded a fresh new file of admin.php and it still doesnt work! I also uploaded the admin.php that came with the skin i got ( Fusion from extrmemepixels )

So, does anyone think they know whats going on or can maybe help me? And yes, most people will probably say " Go to InvisionPowerBoard's saupport forum ", well they only allow people who bought it from THEIR site. I got it from CpanelX. So they dont count me as a customer and i cannot post anything there. And no its not a bad thing saying i ripped / stealed / baned. Its just saying that i didnt buy it from them nad i dont have privilegdges to use the support forum. If yyou go to their site you'll notice the red colored user names ( Those = customers ) and a lot of just black names ( Those = non customers / users / guests )

Please help :(

11-26-2004, 02:42 PM
u editing in dream weaver if so it has lines marked check this line

theres prob. coding wrong or let me see always what links to ur forum i want to join :)

11-26-2004, 03:00 PM
:( No, i used " Edit File " ( its like a notepad ) in file manager.

BTW : My forums link is " http://www.conceptual-creations.net/forums " ( Wesbite isnt up yet but forums are )

11-26-2004, 03:54 PM
well get dream weaver

11-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Easy fix.

Redownload Ipb Forums from their official site; MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VERSION as what you have installed on your site.

EXTRACT ONLY admin.php and replace the new version with your screwed-up one. Then, go through your code again and make any necessary changes. If it works, you screwed up on the original. If it doesn't work, the code you're inputting is not right.

11-26-2004, 04:22 PM
but he installed arcade he wants the arcade to work not to change the admin.php he just wants correct code for it

11-26-2004, 04:46 PM
i know wuts wrong, contact meon msn